Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

ok I have two bcm I was told they were girls but one in front of pic crows lol question girl or boy. I'm frustrated cause I can't get an answer
I think you already have you answer. But I am sorry to tell you this. You have 2 cockerels there. Sorry.
ep.gif

That's what I was doing over here. Only way I'd pay that is on some stellar hens with proof of egg color, but then again, I am pretty frugal, so that's not really a surprise haha
O.K you two.lol.
Here is Australia Marans are rare. I am very lucky to get them for that price.
I know pullets that go for $200.

Last edited:
Quote: Is that US Dollars?

Let me clarify something... I have PAID $50 for hens and $100 for roos but they are show birds and look it too. Not sure they were worth it but I paid it. They are selling day old CCL pullets here for $40 each so maybe not crazy in Australia but here $25-30 is more the norm on a Marans pullet that is LAYING. If she is laying a dark eggs she is not for sale LOL

Is that US Dollars?

Let me clarify something... I have PAID $50 for hens and $100 for roos but they are show birds and look it too. Not sure they were worth it but I paid it. They are selling day old CCL pullets here for $40 each so maybe not crazy in Australia but here $25-30 is more the norm on a Marans pullet that is LAYING. If she is laying a dark eggs she is not for sale LOL

I'm talking Aus. Sorry I meant I know pairs that sell for $200 Aus.

Sorry I like acronyms as well but what is a CCL?
Yes I usually pay around $15 - $20 for POL pullets. I just got some Ancona's for $15 at 17 weeks.
I was promised they would lay a 7+ and trust me, if they do not I will be doing something about it.LOL.

O.K 1 Aus Dollar is 1.03 US dollars.
So your $50US hens are equal to $48.50Aus Dollar. So not much difference.

Last edited:
Here he is.

I believe he is a Blue Copper.....just a very light blue. Splash should not allow that much copper to come through so completely like it is, normally the copper on a Splash will be interrupted. With Splash the copper would come through like this male photo'd below. However, I will say that I have seen Splash Copper males have some copper in the wing bow that is not interrupted.

Here is another Splash Copper male, notice the red in the wing bow that is a pretty solid color and is not interrupted.

Back
Top Bottom