Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Wow! Thank you for identifying her.
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Birchens can come in blue and black. In both they will have silver in place of where the copper is on a black or blue copper. It is not uncommon for them to have a goldish color come in the birchen markings....ideally you want the pure silver. They are also a color variety of the Marans that need quite a bit of work, but they really are gorgeous and I think more than worth it. They are my main focus in the Marans and are a long term project of mine.

Can anyone out there share with me some constrast and comparison between Marans and Wellsumer hens. beauty of eggs, number of eggs, size of eggs. My kids and grandkids want more of a varriety of egg color for their egg collecting excitement.
Thank you in advance.

Quote:
Do you have any other birchens to go with her? Also...did they say where they got their stock from...cause I really do like her.
love.gif

Sadly, no, I have no others like her. I got her from a breeder called justintimekennels in Justin,TX.

Quote:
Do you have any other birchens to go with her? Also...did they say where they got their stock from...cause I really do like her.
love.gif

Sadly, no, I have no others like her. I got her from a breeder called justintimekennels in Justin,TX.

well she is just a beauty and I bet she is sweet as pie!

Quote:
Thank you for the explanation! I personally don't see birchens very often on this thread or maybe I haven't roamed through the almost 2000 pages enough
big_smile.png

haha...no its not you...there aren't all that many on the thread really...here is a so so pic of one of my black birchen girls...i think i might have posted it before, but don't want to try and hunt for it...not patient enough tonight me thinks. I'll post a couple pics of my overcolored blue birchen chicks I've posted a long while ago...they are full grown now, but it will give you an idea. Im working on some of the things they are lacking now...like leg feathering and size, etc.

she loves to groom her wings after a good dust bath
77986_img_2005.jpg

77986_img_2006.jpg

blue girlies

77986_img_1166.jpg

Back
Top Bottom