Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

That was my girl. You told me she had leaky genes.
102350_09-30-11_1912.jpg

Quote:
Well it the blue gene that is leaky and allows random darker feathers to show or the irredescent beetle sheen feathers to show...it's not a problem at all. I actually think it is pretty. Just posted the photo so that you could see that it happens quite frequently on the blues.

Debbi~ Wouldn't that be cool, a peacock blue Marans! That would be totally beautiful, however I don't think there is a way to truly get to it.

A person could just get a mating pair of Blue Impyans (spelling) that would take care of it. Ever seen one? THEY ARE GORGEOUS!!!!! Talk about Blue.
love.gif

SNOWBIRD!!!!!!!!! Have you had a chance to take a look at those comb photos? If you would like me to send the link to you via PM just let me know. I am looking forward to hearing what you advise on this.
smile.png

No never heard of them, will go have to look them up! Have you ever seen the Vulturine Guineas?? Wow, what a freak show of color they are!

Quote:
Just looked them up.....WOW! Crazy! The blue ones are totally cool...but the crested ones kinda scare me.

Blue Impyans are very expensive and very beautiful. My neighbor has a pair...it takes the male something like 2-3 years to completely turn blue. They are stunning! She paid $3000 for the pair. I almost had a coronary when she told me that.
ep.gif
th.gif

Last edited:
Yes, checked out the Impeyans, too much for me!
th.gif
Plus, it says they can't handle humidity, so not a good choice for my neck of the woods...

Good morning guys!

I'm gonna apologize in advance for the quality of these photos. My camera went MIA so plan B was my cell LOL and the inside lighting was terrible. I need to get a shot in natural light but lately I leave for work before the sun comes up and get home after dark.

I tried to show the color between the eggs. The 2 eggs on the right hand side have the cooler undertones to them.
39823_maranseggs.jpg

And here are those red undertone eggs with a pale green egg.
39823_img00196-20111006-2128.jpg

ETA:

Had to include this one too--this was dinner! Yumm!!!
39823_img00234-20111012-2039.jpg

No colors have been tweaked--this looks exactly like the yolk. The girls range in the yard so lots of grass, bugs and veggies they've raided from the garden
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom