Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

I usually don't get it either, but 2 days before that whole outbreak got released, I bought two! Pitched them out into the woods where nothing here could get to it. Hope the groundhog ate them!
lol.png
didn't even dare feed them to the chooks, as I read where it could be transmitted through the eggs.

Quote:
Pretty nice looking eggs
clap.gif
, mine were not that good, except one small one, and it hatched out first and was brown and is still the runt almost five weeks later! Good luck!

Still waiting on batteries to charge. They seem to not be holding their charges as long as they used to, and seem to take longer to charge. Looks like new ones may be in my near future? Will get some baby pics when they charge up. No more signs of life in the bator, but I'll let them go another day. Five seems to be my not-so-magic number around here with Marans.
roll.png
On the plus side, what I got are all up and running around, taking long naps, and eating/drinking.
big_smile.png

For those of you with the tummy issues. We have been fighting ours for 3 weeks now. I suggest looking into some strong doses of probiotics. We have been taking them morning noon and night and finally we are seeing some relief. Not sure whats going on with the food supply as of late but everyone we know is struggling with this right now. I have been washing down probiotics with kefir lol.

I don't see BCM's there.
wink.png

That isn't a "lemon blue copper" though. Looks like a Birchen with both silver and gold genes, or just straight silver. The varying amount of color says it looks like someone crossed a Blue w/silver genes and a Black Copper?

Is this a project I'm looking at?

Well he is a beaut, (except for the clean legs
hide.gif
) but you're forgetting that he's got a silver gene in there too.
wink.png
Even if he did have the mahogany gene, he'd still look more like a Blue-Salmon than a Blue Copper.
smile.png
Just sayin'

Back
Top Bottom