Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome!

Hey Lady!
frow.gif

I think Don just meant on his property when he said "here"...
At least that was the way I took it.

I think there were previous discussions on what shade of slate the birds should have. I think Don is in the Dark Slate camp as opposed to a light slate...
Of course, I am only going my memory and don't mean to step on any toes by stepping in and answering
smile.png
oh, i see...Don - it sounds as if you would like to see a change in the SOP clarifying leg color - am I understanding this correctly? My only worry is that it could be confusing for a newb to read something different from what the SOP states. And, in this regard, how does one go about requesting the SOP to be updated? Don, I know that you have more backgound with the APA - can you describe this process?

Hey Don,

I've been crazy busy lately, but need to get some update shots on some cockerels for ya. Had a bit of an owl problem lately, hasn't gotten any birds, but sure scared the snot out of some of my younger birds from the last hatch of the year and dogpiled and lost 5 birds, 3 pullets and 2 cockerels. Of course they most of them were ones I had been holding back....grrrr. I try not to think about losing them, and am focusing on what I still have growing out.
Anyways, I have a nice blue copper boy, he's gonna be a beast and a half, but only has beautiful copper hackles and the saddles are dark blue. I'm hoping he will help me with some of the size and body type on my blue coppers, and thought he might be good to have around for any occurences of overcoloring. I'll try to get a couple shots of him today after my feed run and getting errands out of the way.

Here is the same pullet with a closeup of her head. 

Ooooo-la-la!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! Andy she is beautiful!!! Great job my friend! I could think of a rooster or 2 around here that would love to meet up with her. LOVE LOVE LOVE her hackles.

Are you working on anything in Blue other than your Barnies? :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom