March 2017! Hatch with us!

Day 7 on my duck eggs. Looks like two quitters, two clears and maybe a quitter.

Egg in question.

Sorry Dan, unless the other side looks a lot better than that, I'd say you have a quitter.
sad.png

Hello! I stopped hatching myself a couple of years ago but I'm back at it again! I set eggs yesterday and today and they will be hatching March 27th & 28th. And I will be setting Batch #2 in my second incubator next week. I like to space them out to make sure they will not hatch out while the 3rd bator is in lockdown status on days 18-21.

Hello! I stopped hatching myself a couple of years ago but I'm back at it again! I set eggs yesterday and today and they will be hatching March 27th & 28th. And I will be setting Batch #2 in my second incubator next week. I like to space them out to make sure they will not hatch out while the 3rd bator is in lockdown status on days 18-21.
Awesome! What kind of eggs did you set?

Hello! I have 47 eggs in my homemade bator, started with 49. On Day 7, 2 proved to be not developing, but the rest fertile and growing! It is now day 10. Buff Orpingtons and Easter Eggers, some pure, some mixed. March 18th is hatch day! Second hatch in this bator, first one was 100% (9 eggs). So egg-cited!

Hello! I have 47 eggs in my homemade bator, started with 49. On Day 7, 2 proved to be not developing, but the rest fertile and growing! It is now day 10. Buff Orpingtons and Easter Eggers, some pure, some mixed. March 18th is hatch day! Second hatch in this bator, first one was 100% (9 eggs). So egg-cited!

Is your avatar a pic of your homemade incubator? I have mad respect for folks who do the DIY bator thing!! So talented! :clap
What do you plan to do with your chicks once they hatch?

Hi again everyone!
1f917.png
Sorry if I'm not the chatty yet. I love this group, but I'm still getting used to this platform of chatting
1f602.png
1f602.png
. It's a lot different than commenting on my Facebook groups and having conversations. I just have a quick question, I set eggs on March 3rd, and my app is saying it's day 5; is that correct? I would think its day 4...

Hi again everyone!
1f917.png
Sorry if I'm not the chatty yet. I love this group, but I'm still getting used to this platform of chatting
1f602.png
1f602.png
. It's a lot different than commenting on my Facebook groups and having conversations. I just have a quick question, I set eggs on March 3rd, and my app is saying it's day 5; is that correct? I would think its day 4...
It's counting the 3rd, the day you set them as day one. Which is what I did, I might be wrong to count it, but this is my first time at hatching chicks.

Hi again everyone!
1f917.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

It depends when you set them. The first full 24 hour period is day 1, and so on. So, if you set them in the morning, today would be day 5. If you set them in the evening, it's still day 4. :)

Quote: Yes, it's the inside of it. The box is where all the important stuff is. We don't use a lightbulb, instead heating elements from one of those metal heaters.

Hi again everyone!
1f917.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
When they say Day 1, they mean the first 24 hr period. So the end of day 1, and the beginning of day 2, is at the end of the first 24 hr period. There, that should get you thoroughly confused! Put 1pm (or whenever you set them) on your calendar on the appropriate day. On the next day, at 1 pm (or in the middle of the square, as I do) put a number 1. That will keep you straight. They should be hatched by the time you get to the number 21. Easy peasy!

Back
Top Bottom