MARCH 2021 HATCH-A-LONG 🌷🌸🌼

Pics
I dont like doing this but ive got myself in a pickle because ive got a staggered hatch rate!
Ive got 2 hatching on the 3rd of march and 3 hatching on the 5th, i have a manual incubator!
I'm going to have to open the bator to turn the eggs that aren't in lockdown while 2 will be in lockdown i dont want to shrink the lockdown chicks in the membrane but i also have to turn the other eggs! Any help would be appreciated Thankyou
Don't worry. They are only 2 days apart. The ones due on the 5th will no longer need to be turned.
The first week is most important for turning, second week turning is good but the third week the allantois and chorion membranes are already formed and turning isn't necessary.
I screwed up when I set eggs yesterday and didn't turn the turner on. Luckily I thought about it this morning and caught my mistake after only 15 hours.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to get eggs in time for a March hatch. First we gotta test negative for covid tho!😡 Maybe my breeder would be willing to do a porch pickup instead if the tests come back positive. Would really rather not let covid steal my babies from me. I already had it once. So really hoping we just somehow got the flu 3 days after being exposed. 🙃
Imma find a way to get some eggs. I swear. This weather and covid making it much harder than it should be.
Add the mail system to that dastardly list.

And it was positive too 🙃 add in the fact that our post is office pick up only, it's all proving incredibly difficult to get any eggssss
I shipped chicks express to CA back on Nov. 2. They took 3 days to arrive.
I had a USPS priority flat rate envelope ship from NY January 6. In 8 days it got as far as Indianapolis. It took another 8 days to go the last 250 miles.
I wonder how many days the Pony Express would have beat the USPS by.

Just went out to the coop and found my broody sitting on the shelf all upset because another hen was in her nest. She then decided I would be a good vantage point to watch and wait for it to open up.

Attachments

• 59E3F02C-20F1-4B9C-A282-559CC69AD015.jpeg
    59E3F02C-20F1-4B9C-A282-559CC69AD015.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 6
well. My eggs finally arrived this morning or I should say only 1 box out of the two. The postmaster told me to refuse them as spoiled. that way the insurance would kick in and allow the claim to go through. I'll probably set some of my own eggs at the end of the week. This really screws up my schedule and when orders will go out. I hope some of those waiting will want their birds early.

Back
Top Bottom