MARCH 2021 HATCH-A-LONG 🌷🌸🌼

Pics
Silkies are hatching tomorrow! 9 in total!
What's going on! Too excited, silkie babies!!

My shipped eggs came a day early and the box was so well labelled they got the royalty treatment :celebrate.

I am going to put them in the incubator tomorrow morning....if my air cells look good I might just let them auto turn from the get go, any opinions on that? I know a lot of people do slight twists in egg carton vs let the turner do the job at first with shipped eggs.

I candled my silkie eggs and I actually have 11 still going out of 12. Only 1 was infertile! Go silkies!

My shipped eggs came a day early and the box was so well labelled they got the royalty treatment :celebrate.

I am going to put them in the incubator tomorrow morning....if my air cells look good I might just let them auto turn from the get go, any opinions on that? I know a lot of people do slight twists in egg carton vs let the turner do the job at first with shipped eggs.

I candled my silkie eggs and I actually have 11 still going out of 12. Only 1 was infertile! Go silkies!
Can't wait to see all the silkie fluffnuggets!🥰

5 or 6 out of the 9 have pipped and I hear them chirping!
I haven't ever gotten shipped eggs or used an auto turner so I really can't help you with that.
That's so exciting!

Good article here on incubating and hatching shipped eggs. Many different opinions on how to go about it. 😊
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...hatching-chicken-eggs-aka-hatching-101.64195/

I have always let my shipped eggs rest for 24 hours air cell up and then put them in my incubator with the turner on. I really have not had any problems doing it that way.

I candled the 16 barnyard mixes from my flock last night and I was able to see the start of development on some of the eggs!! Some were harder to see, and a couple I suspect are not fertile. These are due to hatch on 3/20. I have 16 Pita Pintas eggs that I received on Monday morning. I let them rest for about 8 hours and then candled then to see what the air cells looked like. I think 4 were saddled and there were 4 others I could not tell at all. The other 8 looked pretty good but a little larger then I thought they should be. They were in shipping for 5 days so I decided to go ahead and put them in the incubator and just not turn them for a couple days.

I really hope I get some chicks from those eggs!!

I am just about on day six, 11 in incubator, one is questionable. It has development and veins but looks like it is starting to clump... another I see it looking like a day six, but I just cannot see the veins. I am going to keep both in incubator. And check them tomorrow.

Going into day 14 and still have the 5 silkie eggs left. 4 are still very saddled, 1 looks decent. All still have lively embryos and good veining.😊
538F4FB8-B48F-4C08-8675-2BE086217D87.jpeg
CC8FC4EC-83DA-4B59-A766-9A7193CC4C64.jpeg
F1FDD86D-AC23-4D64-88DB-B272A8BD5D45.jpeg
36A79CF6-D420-4C3B-88DC-888557F828ED.jpeg
EE3D7F87-C3D7-4A64-9A19-D66B5C60B34C.jpeg

6daa.PNG

This is the egg I was keeping an eye on and now pulled because it is dead. Boo!
My Green egg looks like it is gone too...
day 4,
6dae.PNG

and now day 6... I think it is gone too.
6dad.PNG

If those are gone- I have 9.
but here is a good one so you so you don't have to feel too bad for me...
6da.PNG

and one more.
6day.PNG

Back
Top Bottom