March 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
YES! First one hatched! Little bantam egg. Heard louder peeping and went to check, and there's a cute little bundle of wet fluff!

Tried taking pics, but he's too squirmy. Looks like a single comb, dark (not black) fluff, and eye stripes.

Oh, the roos in with the hens were a Rhode Island Red and a Dorking.

That’s what I have as well, but mine doesn’t hold that many eggs.
Each one of the blue egg positioners holds 48 eggs, there are two egg positioners per tray. Each level holds 96 eggs plus the hatching tray on the bottom.

inc1a.jpg
IMG_9468 - Copy.JPG

Each one of the blue egg positioners holds 48 eggs, there are two egg positioners per tray. Each level holds 96 eggs plus the hatching tray on the bottom.

View attachment 3422880View attachment 3422883
I see, you have 340 in there with some of them in the Hatcher. I misread your post & thought you were setting 340 all at once.

I have the same set up in my Dickey’s with the 3 trays plus the hatcher. It’s an older one with the wafers.

YES! First one hatched! Little bantam egg. Heard louder peeping and went to check, and there's a cute little bundle of wet fluff!

Tried taking pics, but he's too squirmy. Looks like a single comb, dark (not black) fluff, and eye stripes.

Oh, the roos in with the hens were a Rhode Island Red and a Dorking.
Congrats on your hatch! It can be so hard to get good pictures of new hatchlings. What color is your dorking roo?

Back
Top Bottom