March 2024 “Asking For a Friend” Hatch-A-Long 🤫🐣

View attachment 3770471View attachment 3770472View attachment 3770473Thank you for all the well wishes - they are all much appreciated :hugs

We were gone all day since early, so this is what I came home to:

Incubator 1
#11 @Mantisquailman
#8 @junior67
#9 @Aardyn
#15 orphan

Incubator 2
#9 @Aardyn
#10 @Devyn Nagy
#12 orphan
#13 @CloneFly
#16 @HorseGirlAbby
#22 orphan

I had someone come and swoop up 10 right away, so I’m attaching a picture of them. I have no idea who is who, but they are all adorable 🥰

@fluffycrow @Wyorp Rock @Debbie292d @thewelshchicken @GreenJay
Wow that is great that 10 were gone that fast!!!! I am hoping for the same with my hatch but we will see

View attachment 3770471View attachment 3770472View attachment 3770473Thank you for all the well wishes - they are all much appreciated :hugs

Incubator 1
#11 @Mantisquailman
#8 @junior67
#9 @Aardyn
#15 orphan

Incubator 2
#9 @Aardyn
#10 @Devyn Nagy
#12 orphan
#13 @CloneFly
#16 @HorseGirlAbby
#22 orphan

I had someone come and swoop up 10 right away, so I’m attaching a picture of them. I have no idea who is who, but they are all adorable 🥰

AWWWW!

I’ve got two issues: one splay (haven’t dealt that much with this), and one with a pro-lapse (I have dealt with this, and the chicks didn’t make it).

Can anyone give some advice on how to fix this? The vet tape didn’t work (she wiggled out of it.) I have her in a cup now.
Oh dear.. I don't know much about prolapse... as for the splay leg, a small bandaid taped around either leg worked for me. I've also just left the chick in a small cup for a couple hours and that seemed to have done the trick

Incubator 1
#11 @Mantisquailman
#8 @junior67
#9 @Aardyn
#15 orphan

Incubator 2
#9 @Aardyn
#10 @Devyn Nagy
#12 orphan
#13 @CloneFly
#16 @HorseGirlAbby
#22 orphan

Congratulations again! They’re so cute. Are they still hatching? Fingers crossed for any Cemani babies… :fl

View attachment 3769837View attachment 3769838Hi All :frow

Grandbaby (Olivia) was born on Sunday morning, and shares a birthday with my husband❤️

And the hatch has begun! The first one to hatch earlier this afternoon was Incubator 2, egg #19. She is an orphan, because she had no adopter 😕

The second to hatch was Incubator 1, egg # 14, who also is an orphan😕

Third to hatch was Incubator 1, egg #17! (@GreenJay ) Congrats 🎉

Fourth to hatch was Incubator 1, egg #12! (@Debbie292d ) Congrats 🎉

The eggs I could see with pips in Incubator 1 were #’s 8 (@junior67 ), 9 (@Aardyn ), 11 (@Mantisquailman ). In incubator 2, #9 (@Aardyn ). That doesn’t mean the others haven’t started yet, I just can’t see from the angle they are laying, plus they have gotten jostled around.

I will talk to you again in the morning 😊

@fluffycrow @HorseGirlAbby @Wyorp Rock @CloneFly @thewelshchicken @Devyn Nagy
❤️ Oh my!! Olivia is just precious, what a beautiful Grandbaby, congratulations!! I'm sure you're over the moon. I hope Mom is doing well.

Look at the chicks! They are sweet aren't they...

I've not had much success fixing legs, but this article may help.
https://the-chicken-chick.com/spraddle-leg-in-baby-chicks-what-is-it/

Incubator 1
#11 @Mantisquailman
#8 @junior67
#9 @Aardyn
#15 orphan

Incubator 2
#9 @Aardyn
#10 @Devyn Nagy
#12 orphan
#13 @CloneFly
#16 @HorseGirlAbby
#22 orphan

:frow bye Fern! Enjoy your new home! 🥰

❤️ Oh my!! Olivia is just precious, what a beautiful Grandbaby, congratulations!! I'm sure you're over the moon. I hope Mom is doing well.

Look at the chicks! They are sweet aren't they...

I've not had much success fixing legs, but this article may help.
https://the-chicken-chick.com/spraddle-leg-in-baby-chicks-what-is-it/
Well, thank you so much! My daughter is such a trooper, and Olivia and sissy are at home safe and happy❤️

The chicks sure are cute, they are huge! Ms. Splay keeps getting out of my contraptions 🥴

Back
Top Bottom