Lynn’s Hens National Unicorn Day 🦄 Adopt-an-Egg Hatch-a-Long 🐣🐣

Pics
I FINALLY figured out why my Cemani eggs weren’t hatching!!

My husband put in pheasant eggs into one of my incubators (NR 360). They were all marked with the date they were collected, and I set them gingerly, making sure the marked sides were up. I was laying in bed and heard the turner, and looked over and saw an egg just slide. I noticed half the eggs had marked sides up. The eggs are a tad smaller than the Cemani eggs , but my eggs weren’t getting turned! (DUH)

Just found out they make turners for different sized eggs. Such a common sense thing, but a perfect example of what a novice doesn’t consider.

Just wanted to share :barnie

I FINALLY figured out why my Cemani eggs weren’t hatching!!

My husband put in pheasant eggs into one of my incubators (NR 360). They were all marked with the date they were collected, and I set them gingerly, making sure the marked sides were up. I was laying in bed and heard the turner, and looked over and saw an egg just slide. I noticed half the eggs had marked sides up. The eggs are a tad smaller than the Cemani eggs , but my eggs weren’t getting turned! (DUH)

Just found out they make turners for different sized eggs. Such a common sense thing, but a perfect example of what a novice doesn’t consider.

Just wanted to share :barnie
Are you going to try and hatch again? Meaning you found what went wrong?

Back
Top Bottom