March Hatch A Long... anyone with me??

Whoops... brain working faster than fingers there

Casey76 wrote:
I also hope to have some porcelain sabepotts hatch during March, but will need to test fertility first with my new boy

Ok I am curious, what is a sabepott? I have never heard of them? Sounds interesting!

I meant Sabelpoot (booted bantam)​

Quote:
Ok got pics? I would love to see what they look like. I don't do bantams but there are so many pretty ones out there. Love just looking
wink.png

I just put 7 mixed breed duck eggs in the Little Giant today. I'm going to see how well they do. I did good with chickens in that incubator last year, but the duck eggs didn't have a very good hatch rate. So this is my test run. I'm ordering a Brinsea Octagon 20 advance this week for my call duck eggs. Don't want to take any chances with those. Hopefully I'll have some ducklings around March 9th.

We are having

:: Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas
:: Black Copper Marans
:: Blue Orpingtons
:: Buff Orpingtons

shipped to us on Monday, so I'm guessing I should have them by Wednesday...? Which will put hatch time in March. So I'm in!
big_smile.png
This will be our first hatch so we're keeping our fingers crossed
fl.gif

I might be, I got 2 eggs from my ducks yesterday, and I am waiting for a few more, I plan on setting them next week. I don't know if they are fertile so I will find out.

My plan is for an early March set... around the 3rd or 4th. Hoping to get some eggs from Illia in Washington. BCMs, OEs and either BWMs or some Ameraucanas. Of course all of this depends on what she has available at that time... I'm hoping!!! I was going to begin with some BLRW and BWAmeraucanas from NY, but it has been too cold and I am not sure the supplier will have any by then (girls not actively laying yet) so I am going to put that hatch off until the end of March. Anyway, I'm hoping I can join in.
I know there are other egg sources, but I have pretty much decided on these.

Steve

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom