March Hatch-Along Thread- Come Hatch With Us!!!!!

Joining here because even though I set in Feb, they're due the 8th and 10th of March. I have 2 d'Anver/silkie mixes, 3 BBS bantam cochins, 4 bantam BRs, and 6 bantam sizzles cooking :)

So far so good!

Great!!! I will be following along since mine are due to hatch on the 14th !!!! This is our first hatch and I am pretty nervous esp since all 35 I have set are fertilized and wiggling
263a.png
that prob means if anything happens to them it's something wrong I have done
1f601.png

I am excited for u and hope all goes well

Question then. You who have yours due on the 14th. Mine are due on the 14th as well, set on the 21st at 3pm. Doesn't that make them on day 6, not day 7? Day 7 would be tomorrow at 3pm for me. Right? I know it's just a matter of hours but it confuses me. When I first made up my charts, I started on day 1 and that placed today (Wednesday the 27th) as day 7. I reprinted the charts to start on day 0, Thursday the 21st, and made the first 24 hrs day 1, placing day 7 on Thursday the 28th and the hatch day on the 14th... because it seemed to make more sense. But now I'm second guessing. Which is correct?

barnie.gif

Yes, today is day 6 for you AFTER 3pm. Before then it's day 5 XD
Question then. You who have yours due on the 14th. Mine are due on the 14th as well, set on the 21st at 3pm. Doesn't that make them on day 6, not day 7? Day 7 would be tomorrow at 3pm for me. Right? I know it's just a matter of hours but it confuses me. When I first made up my charts, I started on day 1 and that placed today (Wednesday the 27th) as day 7. I reprinted the charts to start on day 0, Thursday the 21st, and made the first 24 hrs day 1, placing day 7 on Thursday the 28th and the hatch day on the 14th... because it seemed to make more sense. But now I'm second guessing. Which is correct?

barnie.gif

Lol well I am kinda in the same predicament ... I put mine in the incubator on the 19th at 5pm so I just fig the first day would b the 20th at 5pm but not sure really

Lets see how this goes.
I received 24 silkie eggs today in the mail from Karen at Catdance Silkies!
She had them packed excellently.
Of course it was a mere -15 this morning when the Post Office called.
The eggs did not seem very cold at all when I ran in and got them, so we shall see.
This is my first attempt at silkies so I wanted some good ones to start with, and Catdance had some great looking birds.
I let them settle all day, and will have the turner shut off for the first two days.
She has the color written on each egg, so now I can watch and wait for each specific bird!
Wooohooo!!!

Jim

PS. I had this posted as a separate thread, so if there is any rules against double posting I can delete the other one. :{
Friar Tuck: Do you always turn off the turner for the first two days when you set the eggs?

Joining here because even though I set in Feb, they're due the 8th and 10th of March. I have 2 d'Anver/silkie mixes, 3 BBS bantam cochins, 4 bantam BRs, and 6 bantam sizzles cooking :)

So far so good!
Do u not have to worry about lockdown with 2 different hatch dates because they are only 2 days apart?

I am new to incubating. I will be doing a live chick hatching project with my son's Kindergarten class!!!
He goes to private school, so he only has 5 kids in his class.
I have ordered 7 eggs from My Pet Chicken. I called today and they are being shipped today, with arrival for THIS FRIDAY, March 1st!!!!! OMG!!!!!
I have read and read and read and done a ton of research, but now I'm SO nervous, I feel I haven't read anything at all!!! Aghhhhh.
I have purchased the Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator and the EcoGlow 20 for the brooder. I have a brooder box set up that I made out of a 4'x2'x2' Rubbermaid container.
I need ALLLLLLL the advice anyone wants to give!!! The eggs are due on Friday, from what I've read, I'm going to unwrap them carefully and make sure each one is sitting
with the wide end in the egg container, right? Should I let them sit 24 hours or let sit Saturday and Sunday? I am in sunny Southern CA, so the average temp right now is 70.
If I can just let them be for 2 days, that would be great, as I would be able to set them in the incubator, along with the kids on Monday morning. I assume if i set them on Monday the 4th (day 0), they would hatch on March 25th (day 21), is this correct?
They are 1 Wellsummer, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Barred Plymouth Rock, 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 French Black Copper Maran and 1 Red Star.

Back
Top Bottom