March hatch along

. Cute chicks but they are easter eggers not ameraucanas. They should be good layers of blue/green or green eggs, maybe pinkish but the birds themselves are will be a mix... Not purebreds. No worries, they should be pretty non the less. One of the most beautiful hens i have ever had was an ee
Thanks, so if I breed them I will still get EE's? I am hoping to be able to hatch some of their eggs next yr. and be able to sell them

Thanks for the reassurance. I think a turner would also keep me from candling so early and discouraging myself. LOL.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reassurance. I think a turner would also keep me from candling so early and discouraging myself. LOL.
smile.png
Your welcome! I am so glad I got mine. I am confidant that they get turned enough with the turner compared to had turning, and I don't have to lift the top so much.

Set my eggs last night its a mixed batch
love.gif
Love mixed batches you never know what's gonna pop out lol! Good luck and happy hatching to all the march hatch along buddies!

Lots of Ameraucana and BCMs going on this thread - I wanna join!
jumpy.gif

Just put 25 Ameraucanas, 8 BCM, and 8 olive eggers in our LG yesterday. I seem to upgrade our little incubator with every hatch attempt - have the auto turner and just added a fan and a couple new thermometers (turns out temp is pretty important). I'm attempting "dry incubation" for the first time.
fl.gif
I've got external RH to 48-58%.

I have some concerns as a few of the eggs are older than the recommended 7 days - and they didn't have optimal storage conditions with low temps/high humidity, so we'll see about those. The girls must have known that I was looking for fresh eggs yesterday and most took the day off. Of course after having the incubator finally set, they all laid the most gorgeous eggs today.
barnie.gif

Good luck and happy hatching everyone!

Just wanted to share from another thread...

This is about the fight of a 5yr old girl to keep her beloved silkie roo Dallas in a tiny farm/agriculteral UN-incorperated town in Dufur, OR.

PLEASE READ THIS AND SIGN THE PETITION .

AFTER YOU READ AND SIGN PLEASE SEND IT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

EVEN BETTER; SEND AN EMAIL TO DUFUR CITY COUNCIL!

LETS LET THIS TINY TOWN OF DUFUR, OR. KNOW THAT AMERICA IS WATCHING THEM!

Thank you kindly......

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/974/870/400/saving-dallas-the-rooster/

https://www.facebook.com/savingdallastherooster

I finally candled my eggs and here are the results....Of the shipped BCMs 9 are developing, 3 probably not but not sure and 2 clears. I paid for 12 so i am really happy with 9 definites. I wound up with 15 or 16 lavender ameraucanas developing out of 17 or 18... 2 clears. My blue/black ameraucanas were the worst... 5 out of 9 developing. Overall at least 29 developing out of the original batch of 40.

Back
Top Bottom