What happens when you take her out of the nest? Can she walk to food and water?
She just kind of lays on the ground. She tries to walk but really doesn’t seem to be able to. I thought maybe she just didn’t want to and was pancaking but I truly think she can’t. :( but when I pick her up she eats and drinks.

PS has it been hot there? The only thing you mentioned was she was holding her wings out. Mine do that when they're hot.
Yeah it’s been hot and I thought maybe she was just hot at first which would explain the panting and wings out especially since she was inside the coop which is warmer but she does seem to have something wrong with her legs so idk.

Yeah it’s been hot and I thought maybe she was just hot at first which would explain the panting and wings out especially since she was inside the coop which is warmer but she does seem to have something wrong with her legs so idk.
Well darn it, that doesn't sound broody to me. If she can't get to water/food on her own then I think it's not a good sign. I'm sorry.

Each bird can present symptoms differently and each will act differently when you turn them upside down. Goes with the territory.

Each bird can present symptoms differently and each will act differently when you turn them upside down. Goes with the territory.
That makes sense!!! Maybe because Red was sicker he didn’t put up as much of a fight??

I’m thinking I might do a hatchet or knife this time except the hatchet we got is not sharp at all even with sharpening! :barnie

Here’s some pictures of her. First four are from yesterday and the other 3 are from this morning when I tried to put her down and wimped out. :oops:

73A2A22B-666A-473E-B35F-8EA174A77CFA.jpeg E5B7A6D3-DB22-41A4-B9A9-A1849E577A46.jpeg 207C43D4-4EF1-4725-91FB-F59C0F858763.jpeg C13D58EB-DEA9-40C6-84BC-E69FDEFDAE7C.jpeg 3008506A-0B75-4AAF-94C6-6F1CB820F0E2.jpeg B33161E3-E671-4D76-B808-6EF647632457.jpeg F30D452C-05EC-4B61-B98D-3C71D2AF658D.jpeg

Sorry Kelsey, late chiming in but I agree you should help her. It's hard on us but we can't let them suffer in our place.
Sorry, missed this one before. :oops:

I just put her down now. But I feel absolutely awful. I should have done it Wednesday night right away. You guys were right.:hit

I didn’t think she was suffering cause she was still able to move some and had spark and then of course I convinced myself maybe she was broody or something. God, I’m such an idiot. :hit :oops:

The girls were relentlessly beating her up because she’s weak and I didn’t notice. :(

She managed to crawl her way down the ramp and halfway across the run earlier, evidently trying to get a drink, but my girls all ganged up on her and were pecking her. :(

Do they know???

Anyway, I got so mad at them and ran in screaming at them and chasing them off her and into the coop then held her while she drank. Then I let her outside and she drank a long while more out of a little clear stream the hose had produced. Must have been very thirsty. I feel so bad. :hit

But she usually always spends a lot of time indoors anyways but still.

She got to eat some grass too so I like to think she had a nice last few moments. :love

I thought I would be crying tons but I’m really not and it’s weird.... I was just like so matter of fact about it? And even held her while she flapped. I hate it. I should be crying. Not having zero emotions when I off animals. :oops:

Maybe it will come later though. Hopefully. I cried some yesterday.

It’s already been a pretty rough day so far too and then to see her being beat up/ganged up on so viciously like that and then having to put her down.... it’s just a lot. :hit

But yet I’m not crying. I hate it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom