Mareks Disease Query

Remember that your barn shoes and barn boots, and clothes worn out there, will carry this virus, and should stay home.
Mary
I'm lucky that my hens are garden hens and pets, so very unlikely they'll come in to contact with any others. I won't be introducing any new ones until all of this flock has gone, so hopefully this will be well contained. Not completely sure where he got it from, but I'll make sure I do everything to prevent it coming back after this.

None of these will be bred from, I enjoy their company and eggs but chicks are hard work. Its a true shame, I'll keep a hard eye on them and hope for the best. :(
Don't worry too much. I just lost one of my chickens to Malek. The doctor form the lab did her necropsy told me many chickens are highly resistant to Malek and may never get sick. Unfortunately, all your chickens are carriers now. Consider only get vaccinated chicks in the future. And don't get Silkies, shince they don't survive malek well even being vaccinated.

Don't worry too much. I just lost one of my chickens to Malek. The doctor form the lab did her necropsy told me many chickens are highly resistant to Malek and may never get sick. Unfortunately, all your chickens are carriers now. Consider only get vaccinated chicks in the future. And don't get Silkies, shince they don't survive malek well even being vaccinated.
Thank you! Sorry about yours :( its a horrid disease. Ill never be getting unvaccinated chickens, its not worth the risk to them.

Back
Top Bottom