Sandy2003

Songster
May 13, 2019
Connecticut
A little under a month ago I took in a silkie that couldn’t walk due to vitamin deficiency. I took her in and gave her meds. She’s been ill for about 3 months. The women are wasnt constantly giving her meds thus the reason for her being rehome. I am now wondering if she has Mareks. I give her meds at night and she has my improve. I also give her vitamin water. She flops on one side and has her leg sticking out. I’m so scared it Mareks, I’m going to order a test but I’m scared it’s going to take a while to arrive. I’m going to try to go to some vets but I don’t know how long it’ll take to get an appointment. If she has Mareks what does that mean for the rest of my flock. I’m giving her vitamin B12 now so lmk if I can be giving her anything else. Thank you

You ought to use B complex vitamins which has all the b’s including riboflavin. Mareks can be diagnosed usually with a necropsy after death, but some labs will do a pcr test for Mareks with a small blood sample. If you have any pictures that may help.

You ought to use B complex vitamins which has all the b’s including riboflavin. Mareks can be diagnosed usually with a necropsy after death, but some labs will do a pcr test for Mareks with a small blood sample. If you have any pictures that may help.
She had vitamin B12, is that the same thing

Attachments

• 5DBE3AC4-0D69-41AE-8234-4D783F8F981D.jpeg
    5DBE3AC4-0D69-41AE-8234-4D783F8F981D.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 76A2BD5F-6BB7-4D67-B41E-98DDAE2646E7.jpeg
    76A2BD5F-6BB7-4D67-B41E-98DDAE2646E7.jpeg
    796.9 KB · Views: 13
I’ll take more photos when I give her meds

If she does indeed have Marek's which is highly likely there isn't much you can do at this point for the rest of your flock but hope.
I'd get her as far away from my flock as possible immediately.

Back
Top Bottom