Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

big_smile.png
This will be my first, and I'm Very excited-can't wait until October !
wee.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

Here is the flyer

1swapflyer.jpg

Please email me for a high resolution copy to print and post at your local feed store
frow.gif

..And, Hannah, please let me know if you are uncomfortable being this year's model
tongue.png
I thought we'd give that famous pic of Kat and her EE a break

Last edited:
. And, we are hunting for a bluegrass band that will want to join in on the fun.. so, if any of you West Virginians out there know of anyone, pm me.

We will have a moon bounce for the kids as well as the pony rides, concession stand (with much more help) and lots of fellow bird lovers to chit and chat with

Wow Erin, I wasn't able to go the spring one. But this looks like it will be a chicken pickin good time:)

Gilda! You've got to come. We need as many silkies as we can get
lol.png
"chicken pickin" ... love it! I will probably use that on my next ad
cool.png

chicken pickin" ... love it! I will probably use that on my next ad

Awe shucks. your makin my day. oops week. oops month. lol should I go on....
I think I can make this. Barring my health doesn't take a dive. We're not going to Lucasville this fall. Trying to save my birds for crossroads.
HEY!!! maybe there will be potbellied pigs sellers there. Been mulling over a taxi for the silkies.​

I went to the Clarke County fairgrounds (Berryville Virginia) Sunday to see the poultry load in. They are having the fair all this week. Wow, do they have some good looking birds! Some very fine Black Langshans, one of my favorites. I also was delighted to see some of my poultry carriers in use. That's what I make them for - to be used. I really like the Clarke County Fair and would recommend it.
Next week, Jefferson County Fair is open and they have their Poultry Judging at 5:30 on Monday, August 22nd. That is not a good time to be there, 'cause the poultry building is closed for judging. Anytime after that is good. Jefferson County Fair (near Charles Town, WV) is the best. You've got to see the baby duck display. The first day they are all under the heat lamp and not a one will go down the ramp to the water. The next day, one or two will venture down to the water and just put their feet in and scramble back to the heat lamp. By day 3 they are all in the water. It is too much fun to watch. I will be hosting a commercial booth at the fair and will be giving demonstrations on how to make a chicken carrier. Come by and check it out. Lowery's Woodworking

Quote:
When would be a good time to see the poultry and watch a demonstration from you? I really need to get my butt down there. I am hoping to do a poultry show down there in the next year or two. Time to quit talking about it and DO something toward my goal, don't ya think?
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom