Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

Quote:
Haha I knew I bought my blue splash and red laced blue Wyandottes from someone on here. I'm hoping I can get some Ameraucanas next time. Only stayed to buy the two chickies from Reyvaughn and then we left. Only there for thirty minutes but gosh my feet were cold. Three hours drive was worth it. I'm sorry I didn't catch your name, Reyvaughn, oh and since you think that one you took back home has Cocci should I run out tomorrow and get some medicated feed for the two I brought home?

My wife and I also want to say thank you. Although we only got to meet a few people here and there, and even though it was a crappy, rainy day, we still had FUN!! I told my wife when we got married that life is an adventure and today was another one of those. Even though it was drizzly, I didn't think it was as bad as it could have been. We got to see a lot of really neat birds and goats and people, and got a lot of information to help out newbies like us. My wife found a another Silkie color that she likes now!! Also Thank You NGTANGL for the name tags. I would LOVE to have a permanent plastic type name badge like those to wear to other shows and functions. My wife and I thought they were VERY COOL!!! Hopefully we will see and recognize some of you at the Frederick show next month. Thanks again, Tom and Beth Smith

I must echo everyone's complements to Erin and all her "helpers." It was a fun swap and made the horrible weather seem (almost) like nothing. DH and I enjoyed walking around and seeing all the chickens, goats, rabbits and misc. for sale. Although there wasn't anything I "needed" I saw some cochin bantams and splash silkies I would like to have had. I did take home two white guineas 'cause I just couldn't pass them up. Thanks Erin, we're looking forward to the show in Frederick and next Spring's Swap at your farm again. Virginia
big_smile.png

Quote:
Erin - I may have been late getting there but I had a blast!! It was SO nice to meet the BYC folk that I did get to meet! I would truly like to participate in the spring event and maybe we will have better weather - my feet got really cold! Small price to pay as I came home with 3 absolutely beautiful silkie hens!! What a wonderful time and what great people....can't wait to do it again and meet more of the chicken community (and buy more birds, of course!!)

We also had a very good time. First time my daughter has come to a poultry swap and on the way home she said "that was fun we should do this more often"
celebrate.gif
Coming from a 15 yr old I was shocked!! She also said she couldn't imagine what it must be like when it's not raining. We were so busy that we didn't really get to look around until we packed up and by then most everyone else had packed up also. Maybe for the best or we would have come home with more than one little bantam cochin!

Does anyone know who the guy was that I believe lives in Thurmont and has a hatchery, he wasn't selling just buying. He bought a quad from me and he said he wasn't part of BYC but I can't remember his name or hatchery??

Thanks Erin you host an awesome event in any weather!!
thumbsup.gif

Carolyn

I had a great time. Listened to some outrageous stories and had some good laughs. I was really impressed by the "can do" spirit of all the chicken lovers. I can only imagine what it would have been like without the rain and the freedom run.
img_2209.jpg

My wife was stopped on the bridge outside of Shepherdstown for 30 minutes at 10:00 am, while on her way from West Virginia to Maryland! The run was from Shepherdstown to Sharpsburg, the location of Erin's farm! Most folks from WV know that the quickest way to Sharpsburg is to go through Shepherdstown. Other routes are available, but would take you way, and I mean way, out of your way. Special thanks to the BYC hospitality tent and of course, Erin and Rusty.

idunno.gif
I forgot one very very important thank you to Tammy and Dave for the use of their Duct tape!
bow.gif
My jeans were becoming "Daisy Dukes" with every squat to get a chicken out of the cage and with every climb onto the truck!
th.gif

Some people thought one of my roosters attacked me (the duct tape was red), but all the others just thought I was making a fashion statement. My teenage daughter (you know how important appearances are to teenage girls!) was so embarrassed
ep.gif

which of course is my job as a mother
smile.png

Thank You Tammy and Dave for being so well prepared!
frow.gif

Quote:
Anytime! I buy the colored tape because every time I buy the gray tape, it disappears, and my three men don't have any idea where it went.
hu.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom