MARYLAND THREAD!

Thanks madamewlf! I did contact Will, but he has already culled and sold his extra cockerels. Bad timing. I occurred to me that chicken people in his area would be very likely to have his strain of Welsummers and might even have a extra cockerel that they were not as fast to cull. I figured it would be worth asking here.

I found a Blue Seal dealer that is like 5 minutes from me. So did you try Multiflock yet?

If you are thinking Meyer's, call and ask first. I used to buy hay and grain from there, but he only had horse feed in stock on a routine basis back then. Hours are very.....odd...and you aren't ever sure if someone is there to help you unless you call ahead. Excellent hay though. Pay cash...once he put my check in his pocket, where it got ruined and I had to run back a few days later and give him another check, lol.

If you are thinking Meyer's, call and ask first. I used to buy hay and grain from there, but he only had horse feed in stock on a routine basis back then. Hours are very.....odd...and you aren't ever sure if someone is there to help you unless you call ahead. Excellent hay though. Pay cash...once he put my check in his pocket, where it got ruined and I had to run back a few days later and give him another check, lol.

Already called him. He will order whatever quantity I want although they only deliver once a month. Thinking of giving the food a try.

I found a Blue Seal dealer that is like 5 minutes from me. So did you try Multiflock yet?
I haven't tried it yet but I have opened the bag and I'm liking what I see. It smells fresh, the crumbles are a bit bigger and it has nice color. I've heard great things about Blue Seal so I'll most likely stick with it especially since it's a nice price too.

I think it takes a few months to see any results anyhow, so I think seeing how it goes is a great idea!

Glad Meyer's can order it for you...but buying a month's worth at once...ouch.

I bought Amaraucana chicks from efowl in September, lost a few to a fox but still have 7 left and one rooster.

When do people think the rooster is mature enough to give me fertile EE eggs, and if I do incubate the eggs what are the chance they are going to lay blue/green eggs too?

He's my only rooster (with 20 hens) so he should be able to stay busy, but with that many hens does it reduce my chance of the eggs being fertile?

So now I have two full grown Easter Eggers hens (they got me started down this path), 7 young ones, and one rooster, and would want to incubate in the upcoming months. In the end think I'll adopt out my other chickens (except my Red-Xs) and focus primarily on the EEs.

Hi all,

I am from Montgomery County, but now live in north Florida. I have chickens, ducks and guinea fowl. My Mom in Germantown and her friend in Olney are both looking for a fairly regular supply of fresh chicken eggs, preferably from a small farm or chicken hobbyist.
Please send me s PM if you can help, or can direct me to a more local site or FB page.

I'm sooo eggscited. Santa brought me some money to buy a nice chicken coop!! Now I'm looking for suggestions for a good source of coops. I'm in Calvert County and would like something large enought for 10-12 chickens with attached run. Hubby is not interested in (nor does he have the time to) build and I can't do it by myself. Last fall I fell in love with a coop and run combo that a vendor had at the Sharpsburg Poultry Swap, however he is in Lovettsville and I think it may cost an arm and a leg to have something delivered from that far away. Any suggestions??

Back
Top Bottom