MARYLAND THREAD!

​Wow Shannon I love this.  Looks so cool. How hard was the PCV to cut?

Easy once I found the right tools? Started with table saw but realized the blade isn't the right depth. Cut to length with shop saw. Ended up cutting the length cuts with a jig saw. Setup was crucial, with sawhorses and quick clamps.

Welcome to the new Md members!
That looks great, Shannon!
Was in the Frederick Southern States today They have several breeds of chicks now and are getting another shipment this week. Meanwhile the Mount Airy TSC is selling out the ones they have left which are mostly leghorns and them there was a mixed pullets bin for .50. SO REALLY HARD not to buy 5 chicks from Southern States today!!

Last edited:
I have a light Brahma rooster from SS that was supposed to be a white leghorn pullet (naive me didn't notice the wispy down on his day-old legs!). Since we will be down at least one and have no white eggs, 8 should definitely go get four more, right!?!
wink.png

I wrote up and posted my feeder construction here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1165063/hanging-pvc-feeder-for-fermented-feed-with-baffle

Go get them hens Shannon and thanks for adding the instructions to your feeder here. Wish I had more room I would defiantly be getting more chickens. Specially at .50 cents each, just figure how many dozens of eggs we could get out of that .50 cents.

Its making me want to buy a larger place. LOL

Well, I bit the bullet and went ahead and sent in all my forms for registration, permits, and NPIP. I've gone back and forth about it for months now. Next year we'll be moving and I don't want to run into any issues when we bring the birds across state lines (not that there's a customs check station, but still...). I'll let you guys know how the process goes. I expect it will be slow, long, difficult, and a pain in the butt. lol :/

Anybody interested in some Salmon Favorelle cockerels?

I bought straight run chicks from TSC a few weeks ago and it looks like there are 4 boys of the 9. They would be 4 weeks +/- and are off the heat lamp.

So if you're interested let me know. I can get pics. If you want them for food they can just stay with me for that.

I'm near sharpsburg.

Hello everyone I will be 3 weeks old come Monday when my mommy picked me up from the feed store. I love to fly up to the top of the water container or feed dish when I hear mommy talking. I am losing all my down now and getting big girl feathers. Well mommy hopes I am a girl. I love chasing all my other friends around and take naps from time to time.

I am different then my other friends "LOOK I have GREEN feet.

I am the same age as the others here but I run because I am the smallest.

We ran to the side as mommy took off the cover and big sister started flapping her wings and fly up to mommy. I am one of 6 mommy brought us home on 4-5-2017 I am getting so big. Mommy loves us and plays with us often.

Back
Top Bottom