MARYLAND THREAD!

Hello Salisbury!!! I am also on the eastern shore in Salisbury MD. We have 3 chickens and 5 ducks. We had 6 chickens but we keep loosing hens to the local Fox Population. Need to rebuild the run to prevent predators. We have one broody hen that wont leave the nest but no rooster here so we had to play a trick and put one of the duck eggs under the hen. She is in for quite a surprise when that chick hatches :)

Hello everyone! I have an Americauna that isn't laying. She appears to be acting normal otherwise and is eating fine. She was born late February. Looking to find her a new home. I'm in Frederick County, if anyone is interested, PM me

I just want to say HAPPY NEW YEARS to all my Maryland chicken parents out there. Its almost time for us to begin looking towards spring and beginning our hatches. Anyone planning on hatching soon?

I just want to say HAPPY NEW YEARS to all my Maryland chicken parents out there. Its almost time for us to begin looking towards spring and beginning our hatches. Anyone planning on hatching soon?
We added a rooster to our flock late last summer and he is maturing nicely. I'm hoping to get an incubator by the spring so the kids can get the experience.

Happy New Year right back at-cha! We've weathered the year okay. Passed some birds along, hatched a few, lost a few to illness, but all in all, it's been a good year for learning! The hatches added a few pullets to the conservation flock, so despite losing our best broody and family pet (rather mysteriously, RIP sweet Pepper) our little flock of Nankins is slowly growing. If anyone's interested in adding some historical color to their flock, I have two young Nankin roos who could use a good home. If not, well, we established a bachelor coop and run this summer, so "The Boys" have a home as long as I have one to share!
To all of my friends on BYC - those I know already and those I've yet to "meet" - May your homes and flocks be happy, healthy and safe throughout the coming year.

I have some In The incubator on day 3. I have 3 black cochin hens and two barred rock hens. A RIR and barred rock Roo so I'm not sure what's going to come out of the eggs at this point.

I have some In The incubator on day 3. I have 3 black cochin hens and two barred rock hens. A RIR and barred rock Roo so I'm not sure what's going to come out of the eggs at this point.
  1. What ever breed or mix it may be it will be loved for sure I bet. Cant wait to hear all about the hatch and your experience hatching them out.

I have eggs incubating now. Fertility is not great yet, but some are developing.
Cream Legbars
Welbars
Black Copper Marans
Black Frizzle cochin bantams
Genetic Hackle
Mille Fleur Leghorns (LF, not bantams)
Australian Spotted ducks (bantam)

Happy new year! I’m debating on incubating some of our eggs rather than buying chicks- I just need an incubator. I also need to resist the urge of buying more; but, our coop can comfortable house 16 and we only have 7!

Back
Top Bottom