mating?

Duck mommy 2019

Crowing
Apr 1, 2019
what age will drakes start to mate? i have 3 ducks (well 4... but my pekin drake is being petsit until we move, and the babies are bigger)

so anyways, i have a 6 week old drake, a 6 week old hen, and a 15 week old hen. my older girl keeps doing the head bobbing thing to my drake, and flattening herself out on the ground. she does this for like 5 minutes and he ignores her, and then after that she tried to climb onto him??? then he runs away!

she also comes up to my me & my family, and flattens herself out (she is human imprinted, and thinks i’m her mom) and it’s really hard not to trip over her when carrying things 😂

it’s gotten to the point that she will chase the babies out of the pool trying to get the drake to mate with her, so when will he start mating with her?

also, i know my ratio is bad (the 6 week old drake was suppose to be a hen, so i would have one drake and 3 hens)

so once i move, i’m creating seperate pens and getting more girls

Four or Six months is common.

By the way, if you look in the top right corner, there is a search bar, you can type in this question and thousands of similarly asked questions will appear. I just wanted let you know for future references.

Four or Six months is common.

By the way, if you look in the top right corner, there is a search bar, you can type in this question and thousands of similarly asked questions will appear. I just wanted let you know for future references.
will she stop annoying him soon? i know mating season is almost over, but i feel like she is gonna scare him by chasing him

Back
Top Bottom