Maxine the House Chicken

RMo2

Songster
7 Years
Apr 22, 2012
Ohio
I have decided to start a thread for our house chicken, Maxine. You may have seen my previous threads about Maxine. She has a massive, non-repairable hernia. She is adjusting to life in the house very well! I did not have my real camera out today, so a cell phone pic will have to do for now. Her diapers arrived in the mail today! She is still adjusting, but I think she will enjoy her pampered life as long as she is not in pain!

Today was my Birthday and one of the best things about it is that we still have Maxie with us!
love.gif

Next time you go to let her out, instead carry her and set her down outside the back door. You can housetrain her that way. She sounds like she wants to be clean if she doesn't go in her diaper.

I was interviewed for a Vermont newspaper today about the chicken diaper that I purchased for Maxine! The article will be published Wednesday! :) I am thinking that a photo of Maxie-girl will make it in the paper too!
Oh please do share the article when it gets published! Go Maxine!!

Maxine gave me a huge scare today! I let her out of her crate this morning diapered her up and set out her treats. I was busy cleaning up and cooking lunch then I realized I hadn't seen her for a while. I was going around looking for her everywhere. It then occurred to me to look upstairs. She has never gone up there-- sure enough she was wandering around our bedroom! Phew!!! Silly girl!! <3

Back
Top Bottom