Maxine the House Chicken

Aww. Im loving this thread! We have a 4 wk old chick named Chickadee who is most likely going to be semi house raised becos we only have the one. We dont want Chickadee to be lonely and right now she thinks we are her flock. Lol. The article on Maxine is wonderful! Famous chicken! What a beautiful story you have to share and Im so glad you shared it here. Thank you. I look forward to following updates!
Here is a pic of our lil house chicken:
[/URL]
Awww thank you!!! Chickadee is cute and is a lucky little chick! :)

What a great story. It inspires me to pick one of my beautiful hens and show her some much needed love everyday...... If i can catch one of the little buggars lol

What a great story. It inspires me to pick one of my beautiful hens and show her some much needed love everyday...... If i can catch one of the little buggars lol
Hahaha-- at our house all we have to do is shake the bag of shredded cheese and they all come running
lol.png

Maxine gave me a huge scare today! I let her out of her crate this morning diapered her up and set out her treats. I was busy cleaning up and cooking lunch then I realized I hadn't seen her for a while. I was going around looking for her everywhere. It then occurred to me to look upstairs. She has never gone up there-- sure enough she was wandering around our bedroom! Phew!!! Silly girl!! <3

Maxine is so very proud of herself for figuring out how to navigate the stairs. She ventures upstairs a few times a day. Imagine my surprise two nights ago when she decided to hop on the bed with us, LOL! It seems she has started a new habit because she has come upstairs each night and is on the bed when wake up! She wears her diaper and has not been outside for 2 weeks, and has been bathed-- I know, but I felt I had to give a disclaimer! Anyway all seems to be well with her. I can tell she has lost some weight, and I am desperately trying to get her to eat more, but it seems she is not interested in gaining more/eating more. Hoping for the best as we have become very attached to our Maxie girl! I should also mention she seems to have developed a taste for dog kibble!

Here is a photo of her at the top of our steps :) She runs to the top of the steps if you call for her! I love it!
love.gif

And well she should be proud!

My house interior is all one level. Sparkle occasionally naps on the comforter on my bed, but ahe retreats to the office to sleep on the day-bed there with the chicks she's raising. On the day-bed.

Back
Top Bottom