May 2010 Pullets....waiting on first eggs?

Mine hatched the first week of May, and no eggs yet. I have two BRs and a SLW that look soooo ready. Egg song, squatting, red comb & wattles .... someone has been playing in the nest box so I hope they know that's where they're supposed to lay. Every day I check the nest boxes and the corners of the coop. I have 5 other pullets the same age who don't look as developed, but those three sure look like layers. If I don't get an egg soon I'm going to worry about having eggeaters!

Here's a BR - doesn't she look ready?

60001_img_2714.jpg

My silkies were born the begining to middle of May but I reckon i have a longer wait that you all as have heard that silkies take longer?? It would help if I knew whether they were pullets or roo right enough lol!!

Mine are 20 wks Wed, Sept 29. Just put a fake egg in each nest box this morning. They seem to be in a sort of molt. Losing feathers, but not to the point that it shows on them. 2 Buff Orps, and 2 Ameraucana. I'm hoping for eggs soon.

Hi,
I have 8 pullets, 6 BO and 2 RIR hatched the first week of May. We got our first egg Sunday afternoon and are awaiting more! Most of my hens look like yours, with developed comb and wattles.
Janet
big_smile.png
lol.png
big_smile.png

LittleFlock mine seemed to do a mini-molt, too, a couple of weeks before they started laying.

Congrats on your egg, eggardengirl!
woot.gif

Last edited:
Oh Thank you,

I hadn't had that happen with any of my flocks that I remembered. Their combs are still pink on the BO's, and Light colored on the Ameracauna's. I was figuring on mid October.

I took new pics today, so I'll post them later after work.

I enjoyed the piece on CBS new last night about back yard flocks.

LF

We hatched birds in mid- and late March and we don't seem to have any consistent laying yet. But everyone's in the barn together including the hens that have been laying since last fall, so it's hard to say. We've had a few tee-tiny eggs that I know must be from this year's pullets, but if they're laying bigger eggs I wouldn't know. Production slowed waaaaaaaaay down this summer (heat and too many roos to blame) but now that it's cooler and the roos are gone, I expect a big "eggs-plosion" in the next few weeks.
lol.png
Hooray for those of you whose May birds have already kicked into gear!

Quote:
A couple of my BRs look just like yours and I keep thinking the same thing! They look ready, why don't they just give 'em up already??
barnie.gif
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom