MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I only have 36 guinea eggs to set tomorrow and about that many chocolate chip cookies to eat. Thank You!
hugs.gif

I think my hen just joined the HAL without consulting me first. The last couple weeks she has been spending extra time in the nest box, but never over night. Well, I went out tonight to check on her because she refused to leave the nest box all day. There she was sleeping with bunch of eggs tucked up under her. Figuring she finally decided to brood I went to count and mark the eggs. She nearly pecked my hand off! I actually had to get my fence-building-work-gloves just to keep from bleeding profusely. I couldn't get an exact count, but I think there are 8 or 9 eggs give or take a few. There were some decoy eggs too, but I pulled those out and put them in another nesting spot, which was pounced on by another possible broody. Things could be getting interesting around here.

I think my hen just joined the HAL without consulting me first. The last couple weeks she has been spending extra time in the nest box, but never over night. Well, I went out tonight to check on her because she refused to leave the nest box all day. There she was sleeping with bunch of eggs tucked up under her. Figuring she finally decided to brood I went to count and mark the eggs. She nearly pecked my hand off! I actually had to get my fence-building-work-gloves just to keep from bleeding profusely. I couldn't get an exact count, but I think there are 8 or 9 eggs give or take a few. There were some decoy eggs too, but I pulled those out and put them in another nesting spot, which was pounced on by another possible broody. Things could be getting interesting around here.
Yayyyy Broodies!!! I want some

Back
Top Bottom