MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

We may be setting more eggs in, May. We have some which will hatch Sat and might just reload another type of chicken. Was wondering about the contest, remembering our fallen. It says winner chosen from stories. Are the stories about the fallen or about random things? Do the stories get posted within the thread or in another area? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I've got a complete rainbow of eggs in the incubator right now.
Blue copper Marans, Silkie, Polish, Ameraucana, Ameraucana/frizzle, call duck and Khaki cambell eggs in the incubator.
Everything is due to hatch May 6-8.
Unfortunately I had a temperature spike last night and am hoping it's back under control. Otherwise I'm going to be racing to get a replacement incubator shipped overnight.

Last edited:
bummed incubator may have taken dump argh!!
oh no!!!!!!!!

We may be setting more eggs in, May. We have some which will hatch Sat and might just reload another type of chicken. Was wondering about the contest, remembering our fallen. It says winner chosen from stories. Are the stories about the fallen or about random things? Do the stories get posted within the thread or in another area? Thanks in advance.
WELCOME!!!!! We will begin contests soon we are getting them ready! info and rules will be in each contest thread!
we will update the first two posts of the thread and post in the thread when we open them one by one! Good Luck!

I've got Blue copper Marans, Silkie, Polish, Ameraucana, Ameraucana/frizzle and call duck eggs in the incubator. Unfortunately I had a temperature spike last night and am hoping it's back under control. Otherwise I'm going to be racing to get a replacement incubator shipped overnight.
Welcome!! how hot did it get?

I need one!!

I cant see your air cell, make sure you understand humidity as I posted earlier to you,  are they bantams or largefowl? 
Life is a good thing isnt it!! 

HOW exciting!!!!  I love when y'all incubate with the school kiddos!!!! good luck!!!

sorry bout the dud glad your going strong!!

Welcome over Nathan!!!

I see Mike gave the shipped eggs change of plans info!!!  Good luck!!

giggles!!!  dont you need a HUGE Brinsea?????

:lau

:caf

:yesss:
WELCOME!!! 
I will get a better picture of the air cell. Its there I just had a funny angle for the pic.

We were at Tractor Supply today and they had Buff Orpingtons and they were SO cute and I wanted them. So far they have only had bantams, Rhode Island Reds, "pullets" (at first weren't labeled but lately have been marked ISA Browns), and Cornish Rocks. Never wanted either. But the Orpingtons. I LOVE my 3. And they're done with chicks next week. Wanted to get 3 Buff Orpingtons and 3 ISA Browns. Didn't.

May have finally convinced my mom to let me get some more chicks though.

She agreed about how cute they were and said we could get some more chicks. Didn't say those though. She said we could get them from Ross' place (we know the manager of Morrison's, our local Agway), I said Ross is probably almost done with chicks too and most are (TSC is done next week, these are the last chicks) but there's one on the Cape that has them into the summer and told her about the breeds I want and she said she'd love to go to the Cape.

So.

THERE MAY BE HOPE FOR CHICKEN MATH.

We may pick them up from this farm store on the Cape since she loves it there or I may just take her on a trip to make her happy and get them elsewhere lol

Don't wanna go online again, too much shipping and though I LOVE Meyer, I kinda maybe possibly want better stock if possible. I find Meyer to be excellent and gorgeous and one of the better ones not counting specialty places but hatchery quality can only go so far. Lol

But now finding local chicks/a breeder could work. OR. OR. OR. Finding hatching eggs and hatching my own and fueling the addiction that way and finally joining a hatch a long!

Thank you! Temperature spiked to 104, it seemed to stabilize at around 102. But I'm watching closely!
Some of my rainbow of eggs I'm worried about.
[/IMG]

And no they were only set that way while reorganizing the incubator. Still trying to decide if I should just buy another incubator incase this one acts up again?
It's a farm innovators from tractor supply (with fan and turner)

We were at Tractor Supply today and they had Buff Orpingtons and they were SO cute and I wanted them. So far they have only had bantams, Rhode Island Reds, "pullets" (at first weren't labeled but lately have been marked ISA Browns), and Cornish Rocks. Never wanted either. But the Orpingtons. I LOVE my 3. And they're done with chicks next week. Wanted to get 3 Buff Orpingtons and 3 ISA Browns. Didn't.

May have finally convinced my mom to let me get some more chicks though.

She agreed about how cute they were and said we could get some more chicks. Didn't say those though. She said we could get them from Ross' place (we know the manager of Morrison's, our local Agway), I said Ross is probably almost done with chicks too and most are (TSC is done next week, these are the last chicks) but there's one on the Cape that has them into the summer and told her about the breeds I want and she said she'd love to go to the Cape.

So.

THERE MAY BE HOPE FOR CHICKEN MATH.

We may pick them up from this farm store on the Cape since she loves it there or I may just take her on a trip to make her happy and get them elsewhere lol

Don't wanna go online again, too much shipping and though I LOVE Meyer, I kinda maybe possibly want better stock if possible. I find Meyer to be excellent and gorgeous and one of the better ones not counting specialty places but hatchery quality can only go so far. Lol

But now finding local chicks/a breeder could work. OR. OR. OR. Finding hatching eggs and hatching my own and fueling the addiction that way and finally joining a hatch a long!
CHICKEN MATH!!! bahahhahhahaa

Thank you! Temperature spiked to 104, it seemed to stabilize at around 102. But I'm watching closely!
Some of my rainbow of eggs I'm worried about.
[/URL]
And no they were only set that way while reorganizing the incubator. Still trying to decide if I should just buy another incubator incase this one acts up again?
It's a farm innovators from tractor supply (with fan and turner)
Pretty eggs too!!!

Back
Top Bottom