MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Quote:
yes, although soaked it still has to be broken up better, and what I did was take the yolk out and mix it with some water and the kitten chow, and then I very finely diced the white of the egg and mixed it up. and I use a syringe and suck up the stuff to make it easier for the baby to eat, they suggest tweezers but a syringe is easier.

Sounds like you have a gameplan that should work. Just out of curiosity what is the thought process or reasoning for wanting to switch to dry method. 10 out of 12 sounds pretty good?

More than half of my chicks and quails drowned in their shells last time and the last duck eggs only hatched because I had so many chicks drowning and thought to check air cells, waaaay too small. If I hadn't gone dry method the last seven days before lockdown, my ducklings wouldn't have hatched, certainly not that many.

Quote:
yes, although soaked it still has to be broken up better, and what I did was take the yolk out and mix it with some water and the kitten chow, and then I very finely diced the white of the egg and mixed it up. and I use a syringe and suck up the stuff to make it easier for the baby to eat, they suggest tweezers but a syringe is easier.
OK, thank you! Good luck with it.

More than half of my chicks and quails drowned in their shells last time and the last duck eggs only hatched because I had so many chicks drowning and thought to check air cells, waaaay too small. If I hadn't gone dry method the last seven days before lockdown, my ducklings wouldn't have hatched, certainly not that many.

Hmm. Its gonna be a struggle to incubate all three at the same time no matter how you approach it. Makes sense to try something different though. No advise for you unfortunately with the variety but I will look forward to updates.

I guess I should follow this!

Of course you should
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom