MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

No actually, I am using a "Mother Heater Pad" for the first time and loving it! Super easy to put together (after a ton of trial and errors) and the chicks seem so content. For the first time in forever I have only 1 broody hen and it her first time broody....so sticking with the MHP for now.

Oh! Well then, an even bigger WOW. :)

This little gal does a lot of youtube singing. We have a son with Spina Bifida. He does a lot with youtubers, he gets to buugy in this fun song. You can't miss him, he is the one in the wheel chair around the 1:19 point.
Had to share. :) It's good to see him happy out there in the world.

UUUUGGH how long does it take a turkey to zip after pipping?! I've been waiting for this little thing since late last night. We have 5 pips that I am able to see! I want to see these cute babies already!

Tonight is the due date and I have a pip!:woot

Just checked on my eggs. Two little Cornish bantams born! No more quails. No silkies. The EE's and most of the 17 remaining quail eggs ended up being late quitters. Two rotten quail eggs. One more DIS. Two corns are popping externally. The rest of the chickens are still moving in their shells, but haven't pipped internally or externally. I plan to give them a few more days since my Styrobator (a farm innovators) can run a little low. Not sure if I should call them Sunday or wait until Monday when the meat eggs go in... Just so worried about this little hatch.

OMG Sally just saw your post of all the eggs you have "In Process" I would be a wreck! This hatching biz is stressful LOL broody hens are the way to go sheesh.......THen again you would have to have a huge "shmangle" of broodys to handle that many :)

How long is it OK to let a broody be broody? My broody has been broody for 31 days now and she has one lone egg. If this egg doesn't hatch I have 7 in the incubator that I could give her that are on day 13 but I'm afraid I'd be hurting my hen health wise to let her go broody for so long.

Back
Top Bottom