May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

First chick is out!

8FEBB038-3DFE-4C03-A6BE-87D9ADF916C2.jpeg

All 3 of my duck eggs are hatched out and doing well. :) the 1 was early and the other 2 right on time this morning. I assisted both the first and second; the first one was the giant air cell egg and it couldn’t reach to externally pip, and had turned itself in the egg so it was covering the safety hole. The second was pipped, but zipping along the long axis of the egg and wound up with its head stuck down between its legs. The third, I helped the rest of the way only so I wasn’t worrying about it at work all day. It was mostly zipped already anyways, I just popped the top off and let it push itself out the rest of the way. So all 3 are here at last! :D
The early bird:
C342EA91-01C5-430A-AA82-D3A3FE9F959F.jpeg

#2 sideways zipper (sorry, right after hatch pic - will add floofed pics when I get home :p):
CEB42F3A-0509-4C69-A590-DFA45B6743D2.jpeg

and #3, the only one that would’ve hatched fine on its own haha:
99F79E52-625B-406A-A35B-AB5AEA68F6C7.jpeg

now just waiting on the sebrights, they’re due to hatch on Saturday. So far all 4 that have been developing up til now look good.

Here are the pictures of my chicks that hatched.

Group photo
Westley&Eustace's chicks hatched 5-23-20.jpg

This chick is one fourth Easter Egger, one fourth Plymouth Rock, one fourth White Leghorn, and one fourth Black Australorp.
Eustace&Austra White chick hatced 5-23-20.jpg

This chick is one fourth EE, one fourth Plymouth Rock, and half Brahma. It has a beard and feathered feet. 🥰
Eustace&Brahma Hatched 5-23-20.jpg

I'm not sure what this one is a mix of, but it is very cute.
Eustace's Chick Hatched 5-23-20.jpg

This one is half Light Brahma and half Bielefelder (I think🤔)
Westley&Brahma chick hatched 5-23-20.jpg

All 3 of my duck eggs are hatched out and doing well. :) the 1 was early and the other 2 right on time this morning. I assisted both the first and second; the first one was the giant air cell egg and it couldn’t reach to externally pip, and had turned itself in the egg so it was covering the safety hole. The second was pipped, but zipping along the long axis of the egg and wound up with its head stuck down between its legs. The third, I helped the rest of the way only so I wasn’t worrying about it at work all day. It was mostly zipped already anyways, I just popped the top off and let it push itself out the rest of the way. So all 3 are here at last! :D
The early bird:
View attachment 2164326
#2 sideways zipper (sorry, right after hatch pic - will add floofed pics when I get home :p):
View attachment 2164329
and #3, the only one that would’ve hatched fine on its own haha:
View attachment 2164334

now just waiting on the sebrights, they’re due to hatch on Saturday. So far all 4 that have been developing up til now look good.
Here are the pictures of my chicks that hatched.

Group photo
View attachment 2164330

This chick is one fourth Easter Egger, one fourth Plymouth Rock, one fourth White Leghorn, and one fourth Black Australorp.
View attachment 2164333

This chick is one fourth EE, one fourth Plymouth Rock, and half Brahma. It has a beard and feathered feet. 🥰
View attachment 2164340

I'm not sure what this one is a mix of, but it is very cute.
View attachment 2164342

This one is half Light Brahma and half Bielefelder (I think🤔)
View attachment 2164345

Oh my goodness! So sweet! Congrats on all the precious babies everyone!! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom