May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

If April doesnt pan out as well. Im gonna try again in May. My eggs were shipped and today (Day 8) Every single one has a big saddle air cell :( and maybe 4/12 show good development. IM going to give it till lockdown (4/20) before i pull any to give them a chance. Any ebay sellers or breeders yall recommend?

I HAVE to do some more turkeys. They're costing a fortune in food and all ragged from scrapping with one another. I got a meat grinder attachment for the mixer. (It actually had some good reviews on YouTube.) Ground turkey here I come!
I need a meat grinder. I'm thinking about buying one soon.

Hi there everyone. Glad I found a thread for a may hatch!
I put 47 in the incubator on Fri night (April 11) so I think Im set to hatch on May 2. I added # 48 the next afternoon... so we'll see how she does. So far, all is good. It's my first time and I am a little obsessed. LOL I have had chickens for 2.5 years now, but my first time hatching with a (borrowed) incubator. Used a broody a few times in the past.
My eggs: EE, OE, CLB, Maran, Lav. O., and Wellsummer crossed with EE/Maran
Some mine, some purchased locally.

I have jammed that Bator full. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_4285.jpg
    IMG_4285.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 9
Well. Oy. Around the 36 hour mark I noticed my turner seemed to be stuck in the same position. Checked it over the next 4 hours, which should have produced at least one shift and it did nothing, so now I'm hand turning. I'll have to fiddle with it once this batch is done.

Bummed I have to keep opening the incubator for turning. Also, those darn eggs are slippery and despite trying my best to be gentle, things are definitely getting jostled around somewhat. Ugh.

I will be totally unsurprised if I end up with a big 0 hatch!

Well. Oy. Around the 36 hour mark I noticed my turner seemed to be stuck in the same position. Checked it over the next 4 hours, which should have produced at least one shift and it did nothing, so now I'm hand turning. I'll have to fiddle with it once this batch is done.

Bummed I have to keep opening the incubator for turning. Also, those darn eggs are slippery and despite trying my best to be gentle, things are definitely getting jostled around somewhat. Ugh.

I will be totally unsurprised if I end up with a big 0 hatch!

Lots of people hand turn by choice so fingers crossed you still have a great hatch!

I have a duck egg a friend dropped off. I put it in on Easter. It should hatch on mother's day.

I'm going to put some of my duck eggs in soon once we collect about 6 so those will hatch in May as well.

We will be collecting chicken eggs in 3 weeks once our Deathlayers are the definite rooster fertilizing my flock.

Back
Top Bottom