May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
View attachment 2115418Ok so I have 3 incubators going! (Eek) I have collected varieties from my neighbors, not just my eggs this time. One of the incubators is turkeys! It’s getting exciting here, and this may be my last hatch, depending on how many females I get. I’m incubating 72 eggs of many varieties.
Leghorn
Barred rock
Marans
Legbars
Ameraucana
EE
OE
Phoenix.
Just a back yard flock variety. I’m more interested in dual purpose and egg color!
If you don’t mind me asking do you have anymore pictures of your incubator? I am trying to see how you have the shelf set up high like that, it’s to late to rebuild mine right now, but ideas for version 2 of my home made lol..

Also the little black dual temp/hygro does yours seem pretty accurate, I have 2 of those and one is way off, to the point I took it out. Other is really close, checked it against a few other thermometers, and check calibration on humidity. All with in 1 degree/% but the bad one reads 10% humidity no matter what. :th

“I’ve got lots of colorful fertile eggs available! I have 2 Ameraucana roosters over black copper marans, Ameraucana, Olive egger, and Easter egger hens!”
This is the quote from the ad I got my eggs from that goes with the picture above my eggs are pink, blue, green, tan, brown, and deep chocolate brown
Add location to your profile, this will help a lot, with people closer to you wanting eggs.

I'm setting 12 maran eggs tonight... My husband asked how we are even going to know they're growing anything.

Anyone know the best way to check maran eggs?

I would say wait to candle until somewhere between day 12-14, those seem to be the best points to actually be able to see the veining and you'll at least know for sure if the egg is completely clear. You may be able to see something earlier like in the images below but I find even when they look clear I have a tendency to put them back into the incubator until the following week when I can confirm. lol

Marans Day 6.jpg
Marans Day 12.jpg
Marans Day 14.jpg

I would say wait to candle until somewhere between day 12-14, those seem to be the best points to actually be able to see the veining and you'll at least know for sure if the egg is completely clear. You may be able to see something earlier like in the images below but I find even when they look clear I have a tendency to put them back into the incubator until the following week when I can confirm. lol

View attachment 2115576View attachment 2115577View attachment 2115578
Ok thank you. I'll candle them on day 12 or something. It's going to be so hard not peeking 😂 I can't wait to get them. I got a killer deal on them.

Back
Top Bottom