May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
How frustrating/irritating! I hate how people try and take advantage of others.
I've been hatching these eggs every single month and I know what my hatch rate is, no one is going to pull something over on me. I will not stand for it.

I politely told him to have a blessed day and we will never be doing business again.

Can I just vent for a second?

I just had some person tell me that my eggs aren't fertile and that only 12 of the 42 are fertile...

I just put 20 eggs from my flock in my incubator and they are all fertile and growing chicks.

Be careful who you sell to because they will do anything to get free stuff.

I have hatched over 500 eggs from my flock in a year and I have had a 90% hatch rate with all of them except my first hatch but some were DIS.

I want to scream!!!!

What a time waster! Of course it couldn't be his fault for mishandling or messing up during incubating :rolleyes:

People are very desperate right now and that's the problem
I was very fortunate, my hatch is more my daughters then mine. With the school closers, her teachers offered extra credit points for doing something special at home. So we built this incubator and she is taking notes and all, as a how to project for her biology class. When I was trying to find eggs, a guy offered my 10 barnyard mixed eggs for free, just had to go get them. His kids rounded up the eggs so 10 turned into 15 lol. So there is still some good out there. Not to say I’m not eggcited, about trying this for the 1st time.

I was very fortunate, my hatch is more my daughters then mine. With the school closers, her teachers offered extra credit points for doing something special at home. So we built this incubator and she is taking notes and all, as a how to project for her biology class. When I was trying to find eggs, a guy offered my 10 barnyard mixed eggs for free, just had to go get them. His kids rounded up the eggs so 10 turned into 15 lol. So there is still some good out there. Not to say I’m not eggcited, about trying this for the 1st time.
I usually always give my customers free eggs. I have had three other people buy eggs and all of them have fertile eggs and have only had to toss one because it was a quitter.

What a time waster! Of course it couldn't be his fault for mishandling or messing up during incubating :rolleyes:
He decided to get a bit cocky with me and tell me... I didn't want eggs to eat I wanted fertile ones.

That's what made me tell him we will never do business again.

I have records of all my hatches and I have proof so not my problem.

I usually always give my customers free eggs. I have had three other people buy eggs and all of them have fertile eggs and have only had to toss one because it was a quitter.
From what I’ve read you are going to never have 100% hatch rate, so I expect to lose a few. There are 100s of reasons a egg could go bad, but to try to say the hole lot was bad, when you have a proven track record of good eggs. Ya I don’t think so..

This is Lulu! She hatched two days ago and is happy, healthy and loooves to swim!
2020-04-27.jpg

Back
Top Bottom