May 2020 Hatch-A-Long

Chicken wish list:
Well, just getting back into to chickens, so hatching what I want!
Finding anything purebred is difficult here, though the Marans eggs were from a local breeder
Have:
silkies
marans (blue, black, copper)

Want:
lavender ameraucanas (due to hatch Saturday)
deathlayers, they are so cool!
lemon cukoo and/or wheaton orpingtons
splash marans

Hoping to cross the marans with ameraucanas for olive eggers in the future

Though probably have enough chickens, though not sure what that means exactly...:)

Question! I see people talking about internal pips....how are we supposed to tell if they pipped internally if they are in lockdown? Mine go into lockdown tomorrow, and I am assuming I am not supposed to open the top at all until all babies are out and about, nice and fluffy.

Question! I see people talking about internal pips....how are we supposed to tell if they pipped internally if they are in lockdown? Mine go into lockdown tomorrow, and I am assuming I am not supposed to open the top at all until all babies are out and about, nice and fluffy.
You are not supposed to open it once you get external pips. If you just have internal pips it is okay to candle the eggs. Usually they internally pip 24 hours before their hatch date or they internally pip the day of their hatch date.

I got a nice surprise this morning of three more ducklings. One more blue pearl which brings us up to three blue pearls. So excited to have them. So now I have 7 Aztec ducklings with 4 more waiting to hatch. I ended up with one very badly malpositioned ducklings with its head between its legs and backwards. It cut itself off from the air of the safety hole and passed.

19F3091A-1D8F-4955-8BF2-CD7DE0CF619E.jpeg Cuddle in the bator this morning

25873D5A-B271-4F92-A551-B8FF12882651.jpeg 2EA70383-DF62-48D5-B956-E7DB8C23C121.jpeg

Is there a paper towel at the bottom of the cup so it can get a grip on standing. And is it a coffee cup?
Yes it’s a coffee cup though it’s a little narrower in the bottom than a regular coffee cup I think. I put some of that grippy shelf liner in the bottom. She has been in there overnight so approximately eight hours now.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom