May 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
Is it normal for them to pip the whole shell? i have a lot of them pipped where their beak is visible.
Not all are pictured in the photo, only took one as I have a chick unzipping I wanted to show.
Circled chick/egg is the one unzipping.
20230525_060611~2.jpg

Is it normal for them to pip the whole shell? i have a lot of them pipped where their beak is visible.
Not all are pictured in the photo, only took one as I have a chick unzipping I wanted to show.
Circled chick/egg is the one unzipping.
View attachment 3517662
They can pip all kinds of ways. Sometimes they bust through and get a chunk of shell out and sometimes it’s just a tiny crack.

I have 5 lively chicks...one trying to hatch with an internal pip since yesterday...

Do I need to make a safety hoke for it??

And my DIS was in fact DIS...

It was deformed...(picture if anyone wants to see...just ask)

It was missing its top beak and the brain never got closed in... he just didn't stand a chance 😢
one of my chicks that took the longest to pip externally so far hatched before the others did, so i wanna say give yours until tonight?

I have 5 lively chicks...one trying to hatch with an internal pip since yesterday...

Do I need to make a safety hoke for it??

And my DIS was in fact DIS...

It was deformed...(picture if anyone wants to see...just ask)

It was missing its top beak and the brain never got closed in... he just didn't stand a chance 😢
So sorry about your DIS chick.

Do you know how long the last one has been internally pipped? And there's no external pip? If it's been 24 hours, maybe you could try the safety hole. I think it's always a tough decision whether or not to intervene. I know you've researched a lot so go with your gut and make whatever decision you're most comfortable with.

So sorry about your DIS chick.

Do you know how long the last one has been internally pipped? And there's no external pip? If it's been 24 hours, maybe you could try the safety hole. I think it's always a tough decision whether or not to intervene. I know you've researched a lot so go with your gut and make whatever decision you're most comfortable with.
Thank you ❤️
I have researched and I am torn.

It has been over 24hrs....I don't wanna lose the chick as it was my surprise cucumber (remember from earlier in the thread lol..but I think we decided cuckoo maran...)

Imma sit on it for a little longer...(The idea of helping not the egg 🤣🤣)

Back
Top Bottom