May 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
We have a duckling!!!

20230523_150110.jpg

After over an hour of trying to extricate himself out of his shell, I took a closer look. He hadn't zipped off a big/wide enough section, so was sort of wedged there. I crumpled the edges of the shell and let him finish his pushing.

I have one egg that is not as developed as the rest. I candles day 18 and they were very nicely developed. And then I candled one of them and it was still clear. The yolk area was dark like one had been forming but quit at some point. But I candled it and I swear it’s twitching. Just my eyes or why is it moving if it’s so underdeveloped on day 18
Make sure and let it settle for a while and see if it still is moving. There can be dark spots in bad eggs that will keep moving for a bit after you pick up or rotate the egg.

Day 18 y'all!
Last air pocket check up, some look too small and and some too big, but y'all tell me if any things off and if i should do something.
Some of the chicks bodies are poking into the air pocket on the low side, usually that tells me they should start hatching soon, but now i wonder if it means the air pocket is too big.. Anyways I trust y'all.
20230523_181041.jpg

Back
Top Bottom