May 5th, truckers no work day.

I honestly agree with CHKNFMR, guys there's nothing we can do about this. I thought of a strike also but that would mean nothing on the roads and who's gonna stay home for a week or month just for the govt to cut costs? There's no way I could stay home that long. I drive back and forth to work everyday, yeah it's 40 miles round trip and I do have to buy gas for my car. Am I thinking of ways to cut back costs, yes!

The fuel prices are rediculous, but do you hear Europe complaining? Guess what their fuel prices have been for a long time now?

If I could afford it I'd get a Hybrid car or motorcycle, but right now I can't afford it.

Quote:
There's no point in hybrids/motorcycles if your current vehicle is paid off. In order to get the added costs of the hybrid back at the fuel pump, you have to own it 5 years longer than a regular gas vehicle.

2008 Corolla $15k 35mpg
2008 Prius $21k 45mpg

$6,000 will buy a lot of gas.

Quote:
AND Eastern WA! I know, I have family in Walla Walla.

Is Cinco de Mayo and American holiday now???

Nope not an American Hoilday for us Sothern's. b/c my dh doesn't get a paid day off state employes get those.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
It's time for a real American Revolution, the type that made this country. No one wants to do anything that will disrupt their way of life for more than one day. They want to have their cake and eat it, too, so they just lay down for whatever happens, although they do grumble a bit.

Many people dont realize for owner operators or independants its more than just diesel prices. My dad drove indepentantly for many years, there are tolls that are being increased because the states have to make money, there are fuel taxes (i dont mean at the pump) and road taxes, repairs, meals, etc. And not to forget the $1 million worth of insurance he had to carry on the truck. A raise in fuel prices makes it almost impossible for them to make money. Even when my dad drove he cuoldnt go anywhere empty, he picked up steel in NJ, took it to NY, picked up trash and took it to OH, picked up lumber and took it to NJ. And still didnt make much.

Quote:
In most of the counrty its just a bar holiday.

Like St Pattys day.

awww come on..........its gotta be some government conspiracy to turn all Mexicans into alcoholics........or to prop up tequila and lime production.

Quote:
Like St Pattys day.

awww come on..........its gotta be some government conspiracy to turn all Mexicans into alcoholics........or to prop up tequila and lime production.

NOT LIKE WE CAN AFFORD TO TRANSPORT THE LIME OR IMPORT THE TEQUILA!!!
gig.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom