May be taking DH to the ER this morning

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
DH developed sudden severe pain in his left hip last night. If it were in his right hip, the side with the blood clots, I would have already had him in the ER. No injury, no trauma, just the sudden pain.
He's in bed, laying on a heating pad. Painkillers, as in oxycodone, aren't helping. I'm waiting for him to get desperate enough to ask me to take him.
Just what we need, another hospital bill.
hmm.png

Pain from kidney stones usually start higher up in the back, but it could be. If there was no indication of injury, I think I'd go ahead and treat him to a ride to the ER. Better safe than sorry. You can make a deal with the hospital and pay out the bill at your leasure; really you can, so don't let that be even a blip on the radar. Find out what's going on so you can both rest better...

Start warming up the car. With all of his recent health problems, much better to have it checked out and be nothing, than wait and have it be something. Hope it's nothing serious.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Just waiting for him to get desperate enough. When you're married to a 6'4" 280 lb. cop, you don't move him until he's ready to be moved.
hide.gif

Kidney stone pain can be very random... I am the queen of kidney stones. I have a weak left kidney and it produces boulders on a regular basis. I am always in having them removed.

One time I could barely walk from the pain in my lower back that turned out to be a stone. Another time the pain was all up front... The pain has been very random, but always the same problem.

Best of luck... and many well wishes and prayers being sent his way.

D

Last edited:
Hope your DH feels better soon and gets whatever it is sorted out fast!!
Can I just add that I have had about 15 kidney stone and none of mine has the pain started higher up my back, I have pain in my side and bladder. I know everyone is different though so I reckon he should be seen just to be sure. Kidney pain is one of the sorest pains there is ( I would rather have another baby than a stone!!) so I hope for his sake it isn't one!!
Please let us know how he is, I will be thinking about him and willing him to get better soon.

Sometimes you just have to lie to the cops, Gritty.

Tell him you're taking him out for an ice cream. That will work for sure.

Once you're in the car mention that since you're already out you might
as well slide by the ER.

Back
Top Bottom