May Hatch-a-Long!

I didn't say it was free of pecking, just that I looked, lol. Peaches, the one who was on the nest when I took that pic is a bit calmer than Chula. Chula pecks lots!
The chick from that egg is out! I assisted at the end bcs I didn't see a zip starting and the voice was lower than I was comfortable with.
I took video but it won't load on here (?) I'll try emailing it to myself and loading it that way.
It's kind of odd that the other 2 pips I see now are also the standard sized eggs. (The rest of the eggs in this clutch are silkie, 4 of which were laid after the 21 days started counting by the broodies' mom!) A little while ago I went to check on the one that hatched and saw the same size pips as the first was when I took that first pic.
I'm not sure if it's due to the extremely dry weather here--even when we had a prediction of storms and rain for hours I didn't get a drop! But I decided to assist by the color of the membrane and the shell was coming off very easily, meaning the membrane may have been shrinking. I hope that made sense.
I heard another peeper from one of the next eggs. That has to be the cutest thing in the world!

I never heard on peeping from inside till last night when the first one was coming out! But man when they get determined that egg really starts shaking!

The ones under my broody hen haven't hatched yet!

That's SO exciting! I take little Miss "Mini-hen" is the first, and the big girl in the top pic is the second?
What breed is the large hen? She looks like a lace globe! Is she sitting already in that pic? 
You seem to have very lovely broodies!

The large hen in the top pic is a partridge brahma. She's due first. The smaller hen was sold as a serama but we think she's a nankin our oegh.

Last edited:

We came home from town and heard cheeping, so excited. But on bator inspection it's a wrong end pip. :( this is a first for me out of 7 hatches. I sure hope she'll be ok. Any suggestions?

Sorry I'm sleep deprived...what is their official hatch-date/time

One hatched at 10pm last night, 2 more after 2 am and all day like popcorn! I've got 8 out of 10 fuzzy butts hatched!
Do I take them out and leave the other two?

I messed up that quote!
I have 8 out of 10 hatched!
Should I take them out and keep the last two in? Or leave hem all in the incubator?

I messed up that quote!
I have 8 out of 10 hatched!
Should I take them out and keep the last two in? Or leave hem all in the incubator?

Since your incubator looks so spacious, I'd probably just leave them in. I only start taking mine out out when shells and chick's are starting to be a mess in my brinsea. IMO

Hi everyone! I have my first American Gamefowl Bantams due to hatch this Sunday. I just put a dozen mail order Silkie eggs in another incubator this morning. Hoping to add more color and get some smaller sized birds in our flock. I will also be getting a shipment of Welsummer eggs to set next week.

Hi everyone! I have my first American Gamefowl Bantams due to hatch this Sunday. I just put a dozen mail order Silkie eggs in another incubator this morning. Hoping to add more color and get some smaller sized birds in our flock. I will also be getting a shipment of Welsummer eggs to set next week.

you don't mess around!!!

jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom