May Hatch-a-Long!

you don't mess around!!! 

:jumpy
I only hatch small batches at a time, but the Welsummers will make hatch number twelve. I will be done after that one. Time to start putting in flower beds for the wife and doing more on the garden. If it ever stops raining. Over a foot of rain in the last week!

We have chick's this morning!! Yay! We had 3 hatch within an hour of each other before I took my kids to school. And I'm so relieved to report that my wrong end pip was out and hopping around when I got home!
So far we have 2 EE's, 1 OE (with super cute feathered feet and one FBCM. 6 more pipped!

I'm posting some pics on Instagram if anyone wants to look my screen name is hereachick. :)

Last edited:

We have chick's this morning!! Yay! We had 3 hatch within an hour of each other before I took my kids to school. And I'm so relieved to report that my wrong end pip was out and hopping around when I got home!
So far we have 2 EE's, 1 OE (with super cute feathered feet and one FBCM. 6 more pipped!

I'm posting some pics on Instagram if anyone wants to look my screen name is hereachick.
smile.png
Congrats on the hatch! I'm so glad to hear the backward pipper got its way out! (Although I have never had one do that that I know f and I don't get how they don't drown...) However that little one managed, it's great!

I went to bed after last check with 5 chicks hatched, woke early to 7 chicks with an 8th well on its way to being a real chicken.
This week I'm "farm-sitting" for a friend who is away on vacation. I got to her house this morning and Her hen had hatched 4! From there I went to the feed store to replenish my supply of starter.
I'm going to go right now and see what else is going on!
Unfortunately I'm having trouble posting the video(s) and pics I took but it's much better to have great hatches and trouble with pics than the other way around, lol.

I should be setting the last of the turkey and Duck eggs in the bator tomorrow. Would be due to hatch May 9th if my math is correct. I can keep you company if you wish.....

Now I am hoping the last of the EBAY eggs gets here today so I can set them all after a good rest from the mailing.

Mine is hatching may the 9th toooooo!

Back
Top Bottom