May Hatch-a-Long!

Pics
I set 18 Birchen Maran eggs at 4 pm today...they won't start to turn until tomorrow though...I want them to have 1 more day to settle from the trip here. They were pretty dark (and fresh) so I really couldn't see much in regards to air cells. But if anything is shaken or scrambled, I hope sitting still since yesterday and not turning til tomorrow will help them heal...
anyways, hatch day should be ~ May 16th.
tongue.png

MY 9 Buff Laced Brahma eggs came today but a friend is hatching them for me. She has a cabinet inc. and i need all the help i can get with 9 shipped eggs !!
.I do have 2 lavender orps eggs in my own inc. day 10 and thye were broughyt to me..Looks like they are doing ok.
Plus Some Lemon Cuckoo Orp eggs coming in a week or so in a trade. so i think all will be May hatches
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I set seven eggs April 18th, 2014, in my first ever incubator (Brinsea mini advance). Most are red sex links, one buff comet, and blue black orphingtons. I ordered hatchery eggs which apparently had a rough transit; the other three eggs were sourced locally. Hatch day here should be around May 9th. I am glad to join in the hatch-a-long, and have enjoyed reading posts in this thread.
Mahen good to have you .With a Brinsea i think you will have a good hatch.Seems people who use them do .Wish i had one!!Oh and be forewarned..hatching is VERY ADDICTING!!
jumpy.gif

After a very poor first hatch (started with 47 eggs, only got 5 chicks in the end) with a Little Giant still air incubator I got a new incubator (Brinsea Forced Air, Auto Everything) and will be trying again in May. I isolated my rooster with just the hens I want eggs from, since none of them were fertilized last time, and I'm hoping to collect EE eggs from my flock and get a dozen EE/Wyandotte/Buff Orpington eggs from a friends flock and get it started next week.
HAHA Boho you sound like me ......no hatch get mad and buy a better bator...WOW a big time do everything Brinsea!! Im so green with envy.My dream bator.!
You should be able to hatch anything that can hatch in that. GOOD LUCK!!

Alright! I'm super excited to fire up my incubator. I haven't done a hatch in a few years. Unfortunately, I lost a dozen eggs due to improper shipping. Tomorrow morning I'll be setting a dozen black breasted red d'Anver eggs that I got from Boggy Bottom Bantams. I'm in love with this breed, adorable, beautiful little things! Along with those I have 6 black Ameraucana bantams and 1 extra lavender standard size Ameraucana.

Happy hatching! :)

Back
Top Bottom