May Hatch-a-Long!

I have a mixture of eggs. I bought them from a hatchery near by. There is Navajo Jewels, Artic Blue, Palmetto Blue, Lavender Ameraucana, black pearl, sex linked oliver eggers.... I didn't find some of these when I tried to looking them up so I need to look again. I just put them in today so let the count down begin.
Tick-tock!
You have eggs frm many breeds or colors I know nothing about. I can't wait to see pics when they get here!

Since I seem to be the official blabber-mouth of the month, I'll update.
The 9th egg just pipped under Peaches and Chula. Their primary set eggs hatched wednesday/thursday. This is one of the eggs their mother laid in their nest. I'm so pleased they've stayed put to start hatch at least this one. I tapped on the shell and heard a little voice peeping. This one is a silkie--mom (Mima) is a splash tiny little hen. Dad (Mun~eco) is a dark orange-color (red? buff?) larger silkie.
I think it's so sweet that their daughters are co-brooding the parents' eggs.
Still can't see anything in the next-door nest belonging to their sister Antonia. I tried to look and was rewarded by a shrieking pullet. That's it--no more peeking.

Last edited:
The hatch I currently have going on is Ameraucanas and Orpingtons, but I will be receiving 2 dozen French Black Copper Marans and either more Orpingtons or more Ameraucanas for this upcoming set.

I'm also hatching Ameraucanas and Orphingtons, but also a few Welsumers that I threw in to fill the incubator! And I'm purchasing some maran chicks tomorrow!

I'm also hatching Ameraucanas and Orphingtons, but also a few Welsumers that I threw in to fill the incubator! And I'm purchasing some maran chicks tomorrow!
What color Orpingtons? I saw some little Americaunas at the feed store the other day. I try not to look in the brooders but I can't help it! That's how I ended up with 19 extra chicks before now...(5 Light Brahmas, 3 GLWs and a lovely little Welsummer pullet from one store and 5 sex link pullets and 5 questionable "Asian" from TS)).
All the chicks I bought are pullets at the local store. I hope to find cockerels for the breeds. The TS chicks are a mix of whatever they seemed to toss into the bins an labeled haphazardly.

Whenever I see someone on a thread hatching or having adults of a breed I'm interested in, I look right away to see where they're located! Why is it that almost Everyone who has chicks or breeds I want has to live so dern far away???

Last edited:
What color Orpingtons? I saw some little Americaunas at the feed store the other day. I try not to look in the brooders but I can't help it! That's how I ended up with 19 extra chicks before now...(5 Light Brahmas, 3 GLWs and a lovely little Welsummer pullet from one store and 5 sex link pullets and 5 questionable "Asian" from TS)).
All the chicks I bought are pullets at the local store. I hope to find cockerels for the breeds. The TS chicks are a mix of whatever they seemed to toss into the bins an labeled haphazardly.

Whenever I see someone on a thread hatching or having adults of a breed I'm interested in, I look right away to see where they're located! Why is it that almost Everyone who has chicks or breeds I want has to live so dern far away???

Buff Orphingtons.
1f60a.png
I'm sure I'll end up with extra Welsumer roos at the end of this hatch, if it's not too hot I could ship one to you! I'm not sure how much shipping is, but you could just have him.

Buff Orphingtons.
1f60a.png
I'm sure I'll end up with extra Welsumer roos at the end of this hatch, if it's not too hot I could ship one to you! I'm not sure how much shipping is, but you could just have him.
I love Buff Orpingtons!
You are too kind to offer a Welsummer roo!
I have never received shipped chicks...nor shipped eggs so I'm not sure on shipping costs either. I would certainly be happy to have one!
I live in North East Florida and our temps are already going between 80's and 90's.
Let's see how your gender ratios turn out and if you have an "extra". With Welsummers how long does it take before you can know their gender? I only saw the pullets at the local feed store so I don't know what a cockerel would look like as a chick. They are pretty spectacular as adults!

Back
Top Bottom