May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies!

I hope that is all it is. He has not drank on his own today much and has not eaten. Yesterday he ate all day like a pig. Today nothing.
He just stands under the bulb and falls asleep.

I worry about him a bit.

Oes

I hope that is all it is. He has not drank on his own today much and has not eaten. Yesterday he ate all day like a pig. Today nothing.
He just stands under the bulb and falls asleep.

I worry about him a bit.

Oes

He may have gorged himself and doesn't need to eat.

Ok so I had an EXCELLENT hatch rate this time!!! Ok started with 41 eggs, full turner. 7 were infertile. 34 made it to lockdown. 33 hatched!!! I have a little giant incubator. It was still air. I ordered the little giant forced air fan kit. It really meant " increased hatch results"! Haha
That is very impressive rate of hatching. Congrats!
celebrate.gif
Where the eggs local or did you have them shipped to you?

He may have gorged himself and doesn't need to eat.

I hope your right.
He was eating really quite a lot . Now he is sooo tired he is falling asleep standing up. The other chick keeps acting like a prop! It is sad but funny at the same time. I am hoping the wee one will feel better tomorrow. He is pooing which might be a good sign. Though it is white. Theother chick is cleaning him. It is hard to get to grips with how quick the strongest chick is now the weakest.

Oes.

I hope your right.
He was eating really quite a lot . Now he is sooo tired he is falling asleep standing up. The other chick keeps acting like a prop! It is sad but funny at the same time. I am hoping the wee one will feel better tomorrow. He is pooing which might be a good sign. Though it is white. Theother chick is cleaning him. It is hard to get to grips with how quick the strongest chick is now the weakest.

Oes.
You probably did this.but have to ask...............
Did you check it's bottom for pasty butt........A lttle prayer sent for your chick.................
fl.gif

Last edited:
Yes - both chicks had bums done!
smile.png

He is asleep with his bum in the air! Under the bulb.
He is exhausted. I fed him water from a syringe several times today best I can do for the wee one. I am hoping he will rally given a good nights sleep.
THe Temp is only 30 now because he is right under the bulb all of the time I had to turn it down., The other chick is running about like a mad thing and doesn;t seem to notice that his friend is sick he just wants to play.

Oes

I hope your right.

Oes.

They will do that a lot.

Back
Top Bottom