May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies!

Originally Posted by Friar_Tuck

Well I tucked this motley crew of barnyard mixes into lockdown a day early, as I will be gone for a couple days.
Wish me luck!

those are really, REALLY gorgeous eggs! What breed is laying those beautiful blue ones for you?

Missyktsm,
Thanks, I liked the colors too.
I have no idea what laid these eggs (other than knowing they are chicken eggs), as I bought them at an exotic animal auction.
I have no idea who brought them to the sale.
In fact I did not even look at the eggs before I bought them, but I have less than $8 into the whole batch, so I figured it would be a grab bag hatch!
Jim

Originally Posted by Friar_Tuck

Well I tucked this motley crew of barnyard mixes into lockdown a day early, as I will be gone for a couple days.
Wish me luck!

those are really, REALLY gorgeous eggs! What breed is laying those beautiful blue ones for you?

Missyktsm,
Thanks, I liked the colors too.
I have no idea what laid these eggs (other than knowing they are chicken eggs), as I bought them at an exotic animal auction.
I have no idea who brought them to the sale.
In fact I did not even look at the eggs before I bought them, but I have less than $8 into the whole batch, so I figured it would be a grab bag hatch!
Jim

What fun!

Three have hatched

Fluff butt #1
My 2 fluff butts!! Born 5/2/2013!!! Neatest thing ever to watch!!!

Last edited:
I have thirty-something eggs hatching this month! About 6 Silkie bantam cross eggs and the rest are Black Sex-Link x Silkie bantam. May 2 was the 21st day, and 3 of the bantams hatched. Now a 4th bantam just hatched. Plus, I think one of the bigger eggs has pipped
smile.png

Wish everyone luck with their hatching!

I have an accident (an egg that I was NOT going to hatch, but snuck in with the others somehow) mix chick internally pipped. I'm excited, even if it wasn't a planned one!
wee.gif

I just picked up a THIRD incubator today...a Brinsea mini eco. I couldn't help it, I got it from a local lady for $20!!! I'm going to use it to hatch my d'Anver eggs next weekend, and then move my seramas into it.

Woot!

Back
Top Bottom