May Hatch Thread--Fill up those bators n' broodies!

Good morning all ,, a lil past 6 am here day 4 and all looks pretty good the genisis running the best so far with temps at 99.7 100.4 with 32.% humidity the innovator holding ok at 99 - 100.8 with the humidity being a little high for my liking at 62 - 55 % but I made some adjustments and have it coming down in the right direction 52 and falling this morning I had my typical temp spike on day 3 when the embryos kicked in and started to generate heat the hova did a good job of regulating for this but the innovator not as well hit 101.0 then settled down I have seen this before and have learned what it meant and just left well enough alone the spike is a good thing as it let's us know we don't have a load of duds in the racks.. I hope this won't be my last post to the may hatch thread as I am preparing for a planned power outage from 8 am to 11 and 1 pm to 5 so I have my inverter ready and car battery charged I will not run the turners only the heating elements to try and keep it all running the hova will be fine as it only draws .43 amps but the innovator quite a bit more ,,, the old adage of you only get what you pay for lol wish me luck with my power outage it would be another three months to attempt to replace them with more from the states this hatch has been six months in the planning and it would just kill me to loose them lol

This has to be the fiesty'est baby chicken I have ever seen. Flapping his little wings, running around the incubator just as steady as any drunk person after a few drinks too many. Hilarious. I let him run a little on the floor while my chihuahua Max curiously watched. Max always treats them really careful, and barely dares to sniff them. This little guy pecked his nose as soon as he was close enough! Poor Max almost peed himself, lol!
lau.gif

Here they are, just before Max got his nose pecked:

I named the chicken Klaus Mikaelson. All our hatchlings so far has been named after The Vampire Diaries characters. I think Klaus was a good fit for this little fighter!

Good morning all ,, a lil past 6 am here day 4 and all looks pretty good the genisis running the best so far with temps at 99.7 100.4 with 32.% humidity the innovator holding ok at 99 - 100.8 with the humidity being a little high for my liking at 62 - 55 % but I made some adjustments and have it coming down in the right direction 52 and falling this morning I had my typical temp spike on day 3 when the embryos kicked in and started to generate heat the hova did a good job of regulating for this but the innovator not as well hit 101.0 then settled down I have seen this before and have learned what it meant and just left well enough alone the spike is a good thing as it let's us know we don't have a load of duds in the racks.. I hope this won't be my last post to the may hatch thread as I am preparing for a planned power outage from 8 am to 11 and 1 pm to 5 so I have my inverter ready and car battery charged I will not run the turners only the heating elements to try and keep it all running the hova will be fine as it only draws .43 amps but the innovator quite a bit more ,,, the old adage of you only get what you pay for lol wish me luck with my power outage it would be another three months to attempt to replace them with more from the states this hatch has been six months in the planning and it would just kill me to loose them lol
Oh no, a power outage! Sounds like you're well prepared! Good luck with that!

I am new to bating and I put my first set of 37eggs in on may first going to be cool to see what happens I am trying to get the humitity up to around 45or so but it ant reached that yet any help would be good I have two of the troths full and hope the 100.2 temp will bring it up a bit

I am new to bating and I put my first set of 37eggs in on may first going to be cool to see what happens I am trying to get the humitity up to around 45or so but it ant reached that yet any help would be good I have two of the troths full and hope the 100.2 temp will bring it up a bit
I use a wet towel when I need to boost the humidity. However, 45% should be enough for the incubation period. It's only during the hatch it needs to be higher.

That's awesome, I love that show!

This has to be the fiesty'est baby chicken I have ever seen. Flapping his little wings, running around the incubator just as steady as any drunk person after a few drinks too many. Hilarious. I let him run a little on the floor while my chihuahua Max curiously watched. Max always treats them really careful, and barely dares to sniff them. This little guy pecked his nose as soon as he was close enough! Poor Max almost peed himself, lol!
lau.gif

Here they are, just before Max got his nose pecked:

I named the chicken Klaus Mikaelson. All our hatchlings so far has been named after The Vampire Diaries characters. I think Klaus was a good fit for this little fighter!

I'm in! Just set 6 Salmon Faverolles, 16 Bantam Chocolate Orpingtons, 3 Silkies (Blue Splash over 2 black and 1 blue splash) and 3 mixed breeds. Hatching date will be 5/24.

Can't wait!

Well here goes May,
Last month was not so good. 41 eggs / 2 hatched / 1 died a day later. Now left with only one keeping us busy with chirping lol. I have set 42 buff ori again.

I did my inspection of the the last set of eggs and found 9 that were shrink wrapped (my fault) did not take auto turner out in time I forgot about it ( how can you miss that big thing in the bator?)
and found about 15 that were only partially developed, not sure what that was all about. the rest were unfertial or did not develope could have been because of holding period, to hot/cold this set of eggs were two days old kept between 55 and 60 degrees before setting, Well I will be keeping my
fl.gif
for the next 21 days. cause my little girl (I hope) needs more sisters. even if they are a bout 1 month younger.

Back
Top Bottom