May have to seperate the cats at night :(

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
They are simply destroying too many things with their nightly escapades and DH is not amused. This morning it was the chimney from an oil lamp. Our house is tiny and packed to the gills. There's only so many things I can pack away.
Kitty used to be a totally outside cat. Then she was inside while the chickens free ranged during the day and now she's a totally indoor cat.
I'm thinking of putting Kitty out again at night. KiKi will miss her, but it may be the only way. I can't put KiKi out. She's the most loving and beautiful siamese I've ever owned, but also the dumbest. She lacks farm smarts, but Kitty is full of them.
Any other ideas?

She maybe trying to tell you she wants to be outside...? I have two house cats...DH would like it if I didn't have any, but, I'll leave that for another thread. I would try putting her back outside. Good Luck...

My kitty is an indoor/outdoor. I don't let her out at night, though as I've lost too many cats to nocturnal predators over the years and I just can't take it! I let mine out all day, then make her come in at dusk. She gets most of her energy out during the day, and sleeps all night with me on the bed.

Will Kitty really hassle a huge Brahma hen with a rooster around. I would have thought Kitty would have a lot of respect for those chickens!

DH is arguing for putting them in the smaller of our two dog crates at night.
Jax sleeps in his crate all night like a good boy and doesn't make a sound while the cats launch themselves off the top of his crate at each other.
Brindle, Kitty was accidently locked in an outbuilding for eleven days when she was about a year old. She survived by feeding on rats. She thinks nothing of bringing home full sized rabbits. She's mean to the bone. The chickens freak every time they see her.
We bought them a kitty jungle gym today. If they still insist on playing wrecking ball with the house tonight, Kitty will be spending tomorrow night outside.

well, they did much better last night. KiKi was busy with the jungle gym while Kitty is fascinated by the little fish tank we set up. We've had a 29 gal. set up for years and she never paid attention. Now she can't take her eyes off the little tank, that has a lid so no kitty fishing!
Maybe they'll be good.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom