Me and My Chickens

Hannah12

Chirping
Apr 15, 2024
Hi all! I’m Hannah. I have two hens currently. We had a third chicken, a gorgeous rooster. Roosters and kids don’t mix well but I was fortunate enough to be able to rehome him! He needed more space and more hens I think haha. His name was buttercup (black Australorp) :) my other two are a black and a blue australorp, Wheaty and Lady May. They had fertile eggs after buttercup was rehomed so I decided to make an incubator! We want more chickens and have plenty of room to grow our flock. What better way than to hatch chicks from the hens we have now?! It went great until lockdown. I lost my therapist and totally have micromanaged hobbies and my chickens. All in positive ways except one. I didn’t lockdown. I don’t know what happened. It’s as if the information left my brain. Then today, on day 22, I woke up completely realizing what may have happened. I searched the internet for help and found this amazing page. Any tips would be appreciated!
3615C8C6-CA67-4923-9B09-F5E38BC90D06.jpeg
6C903EBE-B30F-498E-9A73-4E6CC9CF45FA.jpeg
7DBB7A59-9A21-4289-887B-4DF6B6E6B2D9.jpeg

Hi @Hannah12 :frow

I built a chicken incubator with an automatic egg turner. I have created and article and videos to help as guides for anyone interest in building their own.

Make sure to pay attention to the humidity and temperature in the incubator. Very important to having a successful hatch rate.

Finally, here is a link to the main incubators & Brooders page here on BackYard Chickens, if you are interested in viewing other designs.

Good Luck and Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom