Me, my chickens, and my NEIGHBORS chickens...Grrrrrrr!

Well? How did it go?
pop.gif

So sorry to keep you waiting! Well you know I took them over there the night before last. The next day I listened all day to hear the neighbors out in the yard but heard nothing. It's hard to see because we are separated by woods. Finally about 4pm I peeked through the woods and did not see any cars in their driveway. Well thru the woods I go with a cup of sunflower seeds to check on the chickens. When I walked up to the pen, there was not ONE spec of food and just a tablespoon of water...just like it was when I put them in the night before!! How could they NOT KNOW the chickens were in the pen right out in the backyard? Remember I SAW their vehicles that morning very early! So weird! Well he told me weeks ago the chicken's food was kept in his shed. I felt like a criminal jimmying open the latches of the shed and rummaging around for food, as their beagle was barking at me and the chickens were restless. I kept eyeballing their house wondering if anyone was gonna "catch" me!!! I gave them food and used his house spigot to refill the water. I didn't go over there today because I did not hear the parents in the yard..just the kid. Hey, I didn't want to intrude...Hahaaaa! I think they are embarrassed about the whole situation. They told me before that I must think they're the worst neighbors in the world because their chickens hang out over here. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and if I hear the parents out in the yard I'll walk over there. I told you the night I took them back that I had called and left a message telling them I was bring them back. But they haven't called back. Like I say, they're probably too embarrassed. They have lived there almost 5 years and just met his wife for the first time a month ago. They are really cool people and you can't train a chicken, so no harm, no "fowl"!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW I will talk to them this week sometime, so I will update this "ALL MY CHICKENS' soap opera:lol: saga as it unfolds! Thanks to all your suggestions and well wishes, and Happy Thanksgiving. By the way, Do You Eat Turkey? Poor things, but have to say I do eat turkey at Thanksgiving. Some of the relatives eat TOFU Turkey! Ughhh. I shouldn't say that...I've never tasted it!:|

Oh, goodness! I hope they start taking care of the poor things--you shouldn't have to take care of their birds, too, but you sound big hearted. I hope they're not just hoping to starve them to death to take care of their "problem birds!"

hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom