Medistatin for chickens

simkat

In the Brooder
Jan 9, 2017
Hi. I am hoping to find some answers here. I have 9 chickens that seem to have some kind of yeast. Some worse than others. I have talked with a vet and followed his directions. Given the medication he suggested tried natural remedies and now I want to try medistatin as a last resort before I lose any of my chickens. I don’t know how to mix it or the dose to give. My chickens range anywhere from 5 lbs to 8lbs. Can anyone help me? I would have asked the vet but I think he’s tired of me asking. I only say that because I took 2 fecals in to make sure they didn’t have worms and he doubled the price and charged an office visit without letting me know. I just don’t think 2 fecals for worms should have been $83. Please someone help.

I mix 1/2 teaspoon of the Medistatin powder into a bit of coconut oil and let it harden and then I pop the dose into the chicken's beak. I give one dose per day. Others may recommend two doses. You can sprinkle over food, but it's important you get the entire dose down the patient.

I mix 1/2 teaspoon of the Medistatin powder into a bit of coconut oil and let it harden and then I pop the dose into the chicken's beak. I give one dose per day. Others may recommend two doses. You can sprinkle over food, but it's important you get the entire dose down the patient.

Thank you so much. I hope this helps cause I’m out of ideas.

Back
Top Bottom