Medistatin for chickens

simkat

In the Brooder
Jan 9, 2017
Hi. I am hoping to find some answers here. I have 9 chickens that seem to have some kind of yeast. Some worse than others. I have talked with a vet and followed his directions. Given the medication he suggested tried natural remedies and now I want to try medistatin as a last resort before I lose any of my chickens. I don’t know how to mix it or the dose to give. My chickens range anywhere from 5 lbs to 8lbs. Can anyone help me? I would have asked the vet but I think he’s tired of me asking. I only say that because I took 2 fecals in to make sure they didn’t have worms and he doubled the price and charged an office visit without letting me know. I just don’t think 2 fecals for worms should have been $83. Please someone help.

azygous

Enabler
11 Years
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado Rockies
I mix 1/2 teaspoon of the Medistatin powder into a bit of coconut oil and let it harden and then I pop the dose into the chicken's beak. I give one dose per day. Others may recommend two doses. You can sprinkle over food, but it's important you get the entire dose down the patient.

simkat

In the Brooder
Jan 9, 2017
I mix 1/2 teaspoon of the Medistatin powder into a bit of coconut oil and let it harden and then I pop the dose into the chicken's beak. I give one dose per day. Others may recommend two doses. You can sprinkle over food, but it's important you get the entire dose down the patient.

Thank you so much. I hope this helps cause I’m out of ideas.

Top Bottom